homecoming

you and your sister hannah go to homecoming

it was homecoming. hannah and i've been waiting for this moment since we moved here. we were so excited that we got ready too early, wayyy to early.

"okay we look amazinggg!" i said.
"of course we do y/n, we always do!" hannah exclaimed.
"so are you gonna dance with Clay tonight?" i asked.
"are you gonna dance with Jeff?" hannah asked back.
"touchè"

a couple hours later it was time to go. hannah and i drove to the school. we saw classmates walking into the building, along with the bright lights escaping the gym. when we walked in we started walking around trying to find people we knew. eventually we found clay and jeff sitting on the bleachers.

when we walked over to them their conversation stopped and they looked at us and didn't say anything for a couple of seconds.

"h-h-hey hannah, you look great" clay stuttered.
"you don't look to bad yourself helmet" hannah said while smiling.

"jeff always nice to see you" i said nonchalantly while sticking my hand out for him to shake.
"yeah of course you too, y'n" he said in the same tone while shaking my hand.
"alright well clay and i are going to go dance" hannah said.
"we are? oh we are. yeah we are." clay stammered. "um i'll see you guys out there unless you know you want to act like you guys don't have some "thing" going on here" hannah added on waving her hand at the situation in front of her, then walking to the dance floor with clay.
"wha-what? there is not a "thing"" jeff yelled trying to play it off.
"jeff just stop talking, they aren't stupid" i said being over the conversation.
"let's just go dance" i roll my eyes and laugh, while grabbing his hand and taking him to the dance floor.

i looked around trying to find a good spot, we ended up dancing with clay and hannah. confetti started falling and jeff just smiled and stared at me. i smiled back and eventually he brought me close and we kissed. not just any kiss, the kind of kiss that is so good you see fireworks or the kind of kiss that makes your stomach erupt with butterflies.

after we came up for air we just looked into each other's eyes and smiled. when we pulled away we noticed that clay and hannah were gone. i assumed hannah took the car when her and clay decided to leave. he offered me a ride home so we walked hand in hand to his car. when we arrived at my house, we didn't say anything, and we just looked at each other.

we laughed and he got out of the car to open my door, i wasn't expecting it, it was really cute. he grabbed my hand and brought me out of the car. he walked me up to my porch. we kissed again and then the door started to open, we jumped away from each other. my lips went into a straight line and my eyes squinted, trying to see who was at the door. hannah was laughing,

"i came out here to grab the paper" hannah said obviously lying.
"well um i'm gonna go back inside, y/n care to join me?" hannah questioned.
"i'll text you jeff. thanks for tonight" i said.
"anytime" he said with a wink.