Full moon, chocolate and fleas

Claire

I woke up feeling something soft under my body. The last thing I remembered was Todd's fangs and definitely Mina's screaming. Something had triggered the vampire in a bad way. I would find it and when I would? oh boy Todd would lose surely his balls. Groaning, I rolled to my side and opened my eyes. Everything was foggy at first but when my vision cleared I realized that I wasn’t in my room.

Everything in the room was wooden; the wardrobe across the bed, the big desk which occupied the left side of the room close to the door, even the bedposts, which were raising up and at the edges soft grey curtains were tied around the poles. It looked luxurious and comfy.

The blanket was warm and for a moment I thought that it would be great to sleep more. I felt drained and pain sliced my neck. I sat and pulled the bandage off my neck. And here they were two small puncture wounds at the base of my neck.

“You’re up.” A worried voice spoke.

I turned. Jericho stood at the doorway, holding a tray with two plates and a mug on it. My stomach grumbled from hunger and I clutched it. “Hey.” I mumbled suddenly self-conscious about being on the bed. “Is this…your room?”

He shifted from one paw to the other, lowering his head a little. “After Todd attacked you, I grabbed you and Mina and brought you here. No one from the others can enter, unless they are invited.” Jericho spoke as he placed the tray on my feet and sat on the bed. “You were out for one day Claire.”

“Why was Todd like that? Did he tell you?”

“Apparently our little guest is the witch’s daughter. And since she is blood related the magic around here accepted her presence.” Jericho took the bandage from my hand and opened the drawer on my left. He pulled out my costume and horrified I realized that I wore only my underwear and a huge brown shirt.

“Mina changed your clothes.” Jericho hurriedly explained and turned his head. So he was embarrassed. I tried to hide my blush and I dug into the food; Toast, omelet, sweet cakes and a mug of sweet coffee. I groaned from hunger and soon I patted my stomach pleased.

“You surely know the way to a woman’s heart.”

“I thought that applied to men.”

“Nah, any man who cooks is a rarity. Take Elfas for example. He cooks poop and still Lethinia loves him.”

We stared at each other for a moment and then laughed.

“You’re awake!” a feminine voice shouted and suddenly I was into a tight hug.

Jericho growled with irritation and I waved him out, smiling tightly at him. He took the tray and closed the door behind us.

“You have a lot to explain Mina.” I spoke when the death grip loosened and finally I could feel my ribs again.

“I know and I plan to do so. But first I’ll help you in the bath.” She got up and her eyes saddened “You had lost a lot of blood. Two more gulps and Tobias would have drained you out.”

It was strange hearing Mina using Todd’s old name. I guessed that the news Jericho had told me were true. As I struggled to get up, Mona placed her arm on my armpits and helped me. “I’ll get the shower running.” She spoke softly and headed to the door across us. “Wow!” I heard her voice as she entered, “the puppy surely knows how to bath!”

I walked slowly, trying to hold back my dizziness, and held the doorframe. The bathroom was big, with walls covered on black tile, a marble Victorian style bath of white marble and a big showerhead on the wall. A line of bottles was on a small shelf to my right and Mina opened the cupboard on the left side, above the sink. “And here I thought I would find something to play.”