A Tale of A Tail

I don't remember how it happened. I don't even know why it happened. 

I remember feeling quite strange when it did, and when I learned of what the situation gradually as I went along, it kind of felt similar to quite a few new Isekai anime. 

Guy dies in his sleep maybe, gets reincarnated as his favorite anime character, or his videogame character. Is super overpowered, changes the world. 

This was a bit stranger though. I mean the character I got reincarnated into wasn't even exactly my favorite in the franchise. I was always more of a fan of Hit than anything when it came to the Dragon Ball franchise.

And the world I got reincarnated into wasn't even the world from said franchise. 

Anyways, you guys are probably all a bit confused as to what is happening. My name is Kirei Kishimoto. Ordinary student at the Homura School of Business in Tokyo.  I'm also a speaker of 3 different languages, an expert in mathematics and engineering, and I've been considered a genius among my family, whom I am not close to. 

My life seems grand, but really I'm just living out the days of my life till my inevitable death. It's thanks to my unwanted talent at business that I've been forced into a job that keeps me away from my dream of getting into the Engineering business.  

I'm also a huge fan of Dragon Ball. My favorite character in the show and manga has always been Bulma, because she's a super genius engineer. 

Not what most people expect I get it. Most people expect you to say something like Goku, or Vegeta, or Hit, or Jiren, or Beerus, some super strong macho character, whenever they ask what your favorite character is in the series. Or maybe Caulifla and Kale from the more recent arch, or Broly from the newest movie. 

But the truth is I love brains over brawn when you get down to the nitty and gritty of it. Who else is able to replicate alien tech battle armor in such a brief time? Bulma that's who. It has nothing to do with fan service or anything like that.  And it's true that I enjoy the fighting, and I love Cell, Frieza and some of the creatively made villains. 

But overall, brains are where it's at. 

Which is why I guess I was annoyed when I finally figured out what had happened to me after I took a nap in my dingey apartment. 

"What is this!?"

My voice.

I never really liked it. It had always been diminutive and small for my age. Some people think I had yet to complete puberty. 

But now it was worse. It sounded silky, slightly feminine even, as if it was having a hard time deciding whether I was male or female. 

I was standing next to a lake in a strange mist covered forest. The trees themselves looked like they might've stood for a thousand years, and yet the fog itself felt older, even if it seemed more finite than a solid object as fog should. 

The Lake under the fog however, reflected everything clear as day as I looked down at my reflection in it.

I didn't look human

My face, was that of a strangely genderless human. With feminine black lips, slanted eyes with red demonic irises, I looked almost female, yet almost male. My body was now pure white, seemingly he didn't wear clothes, and his body was made up of some strange sleek biological carapace. My chest, and most of his large bald head, was made up of smooth dark purple spherical gems. 

My  hands while normal in appearance, were a stark contrast to his feet which were now lizard-like with three toes.

And to top off the whole look, I possessed behind me a large, strong sleek tail that whipped back and forth in response to my irritated mood.