The Kids In the Woods

Phalanx eyed his opponent carefully. 

"Keep your eyes sharp, and take a good look at their weapon. The weapon is where the attack comes from, and where the block will also come to. If you can predict where their sword will be at all times, there's nothing they'll be able to do to hit or block you. When fighting a swordsman they are depending on that one stick of metal in their hands."

That is what his master Gordon had told him. However, this was a different situation. 

"Where's your weapon?" Phalanx asked the strange wild haired beautiful girl. "I won't fight an unarmed opponent."

"I'm always armed." Caulifla said with a grin as she cracked her knuckles. "It's what my hands are attached to."

"Ohohoho! My we have some wit here." The strange creature Frieza chuckled. "Do not mind her Phalanx, she can do quite well with her fists alone, she is a martial artist after all."

"A Martial artist huh?" Phalanx muttered. He had met a few martial artists before, namely some of the Monks from the high lands.  However, even they usually wore armored bracers over their wrists for blocking and parrying swords or spears. This girl just had a few leather wrist bands which definitely didn't look like they were made for blocking blades, and to top it off,  this girl could be considered an exhibitionist with that level of skimpiness.  Just baggy pants and a breast band? She was going to be vulnerable to all sorts of weapons.

"I must apologize." Phalanx said. "But after some consideration, I cannot rightfully accept this challenge until that girl is given better defensive armor. At this rate, especially with this legendary sword, I am at risk of cutting her down in an instant! I do not wish to kill."

Caulifla's temple throbbed with anger as she glared at Phalanx. "Eh!? Ya underestimating me twerp!?"

"No I wasn't, I was just saying- WHAM!!!!"

Phalanx's vision spun, as the entire world whirled around him, and he heard Horace and Vulily gasp in shock.  It took Phalanx a few seconds to realize that Caulifla had just kicked him in the jaw, right before he collided with the road over 50 meters away, dragging a massive gouge through the dirt. 

Phalanx stood up hastily, rubbing his jaw as he felt warm blood spilling onto his palm. "What.. b-by Cassandra's Wings!"

He hadn't felt a blow that seriously painful in a long time, since he trained with his master Gordon in fact.  And to top it off, he couldn't even catch her movement at that moment. Her speed was such that even many of the members of the elite Adventurer's Guild known as the Flying Phoenixes couldn't compete.

"Tsk, never met a challenge I couldn't overcome somehow!" said Phalanx with a grin. "Guess this just proves this quests's worth my marbles! Sorry for not taking you seriously little lady! Lets do this!!"

Phalanx charged in. He wouldn't underestimate this strange beauty this time. He charged, in, slashing out his best moves at Caulifla. 

He started out with several side slashes as he charged forward at immense speed, charging the mana of his body through his legs while using Saint Class Magic in his eyes so he could better catch immensely high speed movements. 

Caulifla easily dodged these slashes, leaping back and forth as Phalanx kept charging. She then leaped over to his right, a powerful blast of wind issuing from where she kicked off, another sign of her abnormally massive agility. 

But Phalanx was ready this time. He brought up his blade, using the flat of it to repel Caulifla's punch. 

A powerful shockwave exploded from the point of impact as Phalanx skidded back a few inches. He grinned. "Well well, you're strong."