Chapter Two

Harry’s P.O.V.

“Harry, have you seen my shirt? The dark blue one?” Louis yells from our bedroom, probably throwing articles of clothing across the room in the meantime.

“Daddy I can’t find my new Captain America toy! I need it!” Shouts Caleb, running into the living room that I was in the process of cleaning up.

“Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! James says my purple dress looks ugly on me and that I shouldn’t bring it but it’s my favorite dress!” Both Patricia and James run in after Caleb, followed closely by a distraught Louis.

 Soon enough the living room was filled by the family, effectively ceasing my cleaning efforts. Each one of them donned a pleading look, demanding my attention to their various problems.

“Caleb, we already packed your new Captain America toy. Don’t you remember that you were adamant about bringing it with you so we put it in your travel bag this morning?” He nods and gives me a tight hug and quiet ‘thank you’ before running back to his room to hopefully continue packing his things.

“Now James, telling your sister her favorite dress looks ugly on her isn’t nice. Please apologize to Patricia for taunting her like you did. Patricia, you can definitely pack your favorite purple dress. Everyone thinks it looks lovely on you.” James grumbles a ‘sorry’ before they both run back off to continue packing.

“Lou, you need to be a bit more descriptive, love. You have a million dark blue shirts. I packed your dark blue button-up though, the one that you’ll wear with just about anything. I saw you throw it out as you were looking for something else. If you check your suitcase, it should be there.”

“You’re amazing, love.” Louis says, wrapping his arms around my waist. “What would I do without you?”

“Scramble whenever it comes to packing. Now go finish. I need to finish cleaning the house before we leave tomorrow and I’ll need your help. Don’t stress too much, we can always go shopping if you forget something. I know you wouldn’t oppose that.” I peck his lips quickly before pushing him back towards the stairs.

“I’m almost done. I’ll check on the kids before coming back to help you out. Then you’ll cook dinner, yeah? What are you making?”

“Shepherd’s pie and custard for dessert. Now shoo.” Louis chuckles and runs up the stairs and back to our room.

I finish cleaning the living room and move on to the den. Caleb, Patricia, and James had had several friends each over last night since they’d be gone for seven months and unable to see them. Louis and I ordered pizza for the kids and refilled crisps and soda as needed. They played games, video games, watched movies, and caused a ruckus for several hours before falling asleep strewn throughout the guest rooms, the home theatre, and the den.

Needless to say, the den looked as though a storm has passed through. I dump piles after piles of trash into the rubbish bags. Once all of the rubbish is gone, I put controllers and games back into their places and ensure the home theatre is all clean before heading into the kitchen to begin dinner.

“Kids are all packed, their bags are over by ours. I’m all packed; of course you’re all packed. Maggie is awake from her nap so Patricia, James, and Caleb are playing with her and keeping themselves occupied until dinner.” I feel his arms wrap around my waist from behind and a kiss pressed to my neck. He rests his head on my shoulder and watches my chop the vegetables for the filling.

“Thanks Lou. Can you go make sure the rest of the house is cleaned up? I’m pretty sure I got most of it, but it wouldn’t hurt to double check.” With his forehead pressed to my shoulder he nods, pressing another kiss to my neck and reluctantly pulling away to respond to my request.