chapter thirteen

season one ; episode three { The Forbidden Zone }
chapter thirteen

season one ; episode three { The Forbidden Zone }chapter thirteen

THE POGUES PULLED UP in front of The Wreck. Brooklyn had never been so hungry in her life. Sure, she hadn't had a decent meal in years but this was a different level of hungry. She didn't think stealing drones would make her so damn hungry.

"Stealing drones makes me hungry."

"What I would do to a beer and shrimp and grits right now." JJ groggily climbed out of the van, his arm wrapping around Brooklyn's shoulders.

"It would not be pretty."

The Pogues all walked into The Wreck, the service wasn't as busy as it was earlier on in the day but some people still sat at the bar and ordered shit.

"Hey, Dad." Kiara walked to the counter. "How'd we do?"

"Didn't turn it over once."

"It's probably just bad luck because of the storm." The two shared a hug and Mr. C caught the eyes of who had walked in with his daughter.

"Hey, Mr. C." Brooklyn waved.

Kiara's father had always liked Brooklyn due to the countless sleepovers she had had with Kiara.

"Hey, Brooklyn." He smiled before watching her rejoin her group.

Her father looked over at her friends who politely waved over at the man. "Sit down." They all cheered and thanked Kiara before planting themselves down at the tables.

Brooklyn had never eaten so much in her whole life. She was probably disgusting to the many people sitting around her but she didn't care. She just stuffed her face with food and drinks before her entire body was sure it was going to explode.

Pope music played in the background which Kiara danced to. Her finger pointed over to John B, signalling him to get up with her and dance.

The two started to twirl and dance which brought a smile to Brooklyn's face.

She shot JJ a look, raising her eyebrow and smiling. "No, I am not dancing." She rose to her feet and held out her hand. "Ave, no."

"Oh, come on, baby." She waved her hands around, twirling around on the spot and grabbing onto his hand. "Dance with me," She pulls him up off his chair and pulls him towards her.

He moves his left foot backward in a smooth motion, sliding across the grass as best he can. She slides her right foot forward, chasing his retreating foot carefully. She dips forward and looks into his eyes and feels his fingers tighten on her ribs as his left foot comes forward again, surprising her foot. They stop, toe to toe, and he pulls her hips in close to his.