Prologue

BREAKING NEWS:

ACTRESS AND MODEL KIM SAERON HAS FINALLY ANSWERED SPECULATIONS CIRCULATING ALL OVER THE INTERNET, THAT SHE AND HER LONG-TIME NON-SHOWBIZ SWEETHEART HAVE FINALLY CALLED IT QUITS AFTER 5 YEARS.

THE ACTRESS THEN CONFIRMED THAT THEY HAVE BROKEN UP THROUGH A HEARTFELT LETTER SHE POSTED ON ONE OF HER SNS ACCOUNT, EARNING A LOT OF MIXED REACTIONS FROM FANS AND EVEN NON-FANS.

Ah. So it is already out. She posted it fast, so fast like it wouldn't be as painful as the last time we saw each other. I let out a breath that I was unaware I've been holding. 

Come on. Go and read it again and just get it over with. Either way, nothing's going to change.

“Hello, everyone.

This is not coming clean, because we haven’t denied anything. We chose to stay silent for a while because that’s what the situation asked for. We respected the emotions it sparked on the relationship. I mean, I don’t believe I needed to do this, but for everybody’s peace... Well, here I go.

To our supporters, our friends, and our respective family--we have broken up. Some may already know, others may have speculated it, and for most, this may have been a news to you. But nothing better than hearing the confirmation from the ones involved right? We apologize if this caused any confusion.

Please know that this wasn’t easy for the both of us. We have come to terms with everything and even healthily agreed to no longer continue the romantic relationship that we will cherish forever.

If love was light, ours would be among the brightest stars. It would shine just as any star would and just as pure. I know all of you are seeking answers, away to fix this--to fix us--to restore us to something as magical as we used to be. But just like any other beautiful beginnings, it must come to an end too. Only that right now, I am unsure if this is where our story ends, we may never know the future.

This was an inevitable but amicable settlement. And we don’t want you to worry. We are fine, in fact, we are excited of the future ahead of us, as individuals. We will learn from this experience. We are grateful to each other for having shared this love. And we are grateful to all of you, who have been very supportive of our relationship from the beginning up to now. Some may have been against this--us, being of the same sex and all. But it is all thanks to you too, that we have learned to wholeheartedly accept who we are and build up the person who we want to become.

This has been us, closing our chapter as lovers, together for the last time.

- K.S.R”

It’s done. There is no turning back now. All of this, it is for the best. You did the right thing.

Right. This is what is right for both of you.

“Yeri-ah.”

How many times do I have to convince myself that I did the right thing? I agreed to this--I agreed to her wishes--

“YAH! KIM YERIM!”

“Unnie?! What?! Why are you shouting?!” just like that I was pulled away from my thoughts. I was spacing out again, great. I thought I'm okay with this, I've accepted everything. Right?

I heaved a deep sigh. But seriously, all this yelling so early in the morning. Unnie is being unusually loud.

“Mian. Did you read the letter she posted on her SNS account?” she said as she held both my hands gently, comforting me. But I am far from needing just comfort.

“Of course, I did. We wrote that one together.” I said coldly, trying to sound unbothered and calm. So calm that made Unnie look at me wide-eyed with her mouth gaping open.

“You were in on this?! You let her do this? What the frick is going on with that pretty little head of yours? This is madness!” Now she is almost hysterical. I know, Unnie. All of this is almost driving me mad too. But I have to do this, not only for her. For me, too.

“That’s it! We are leaving right now. Uncle wants you back home anyway and Auntie's so worried about you. You’ve been here for too long Yeri-ah. Remember the promise you made. Just please, come back home with Unnie, hmm?” and now she’s even pleading me. And she never begs. There is something about the way she said that with such desperation that despite my hesitation, I can feel my walls crumble down.

Who am I to refuse my dear old cousin who only wants the best for me.

Ha. The best for me. This time, even I know that it is not her. There is nothing left for me here anyway. Just as her misery has ended, it begun my very own tragedy. And I can't take it.

“Alright. I guess it is time to go back, Irene Unnie.”

A/N:
Newbie ff writer here. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. I just miss seeing Yeri with Saeron. I know you guys miss them too. :)