thirty five- boyfriend

hongjoong pov

I press down on the piano keys, tinkering with different notes to decide on how to begin my next song.
I miss Seonghwa, goddamnit.
I lean back in the chair, head facing the ceiling, as my mind travels to the handsome face of the vampire.
I examine the ceiling of the studio and huff.
As if he knew my thoughts, a fast gust of wind  swooshes past me.
I bring my gaze down to find Seonghwa crouching down, holding his head up with his hand, staring at me.
"Joongie~"
He quirks his head to the side and it makes me want to smile.
When his head moves, some strands of dark hair fall in front of one of his eyes.
I settle on bringing my  hand up to his icy face, stroking next to his fluorescent eyes then over his cheeks bones before tucking the stray strands away from his face.
His eyes flutter closer briefly and his lips begin to part, throwing me a dazzling smile that shows off his pointy fangs.
"Seonghwa~"
When I bring my hands back to my body, he giggles and leans forward, kissing my hand that rests on my thigh.
"Let's go on a date today!"
At the sentence, my cheeks burn and heart dances around in my chest.
A date?! My first date?! Hell no, i'm gonna be too nervous!
"But-"
"Please! Let me shower you with allllll the affection and attention I can give!"
He pouts, jutting out his bottom lip and making his eyes bigger.
For someone so deadly....he sure is cute as hell.
"Why do you insist on trying to act cute?"
"Heeey, acting cute is timeless! It works no matter how many years go by."
I shake my head but start to collect my things, shoving my silver laptop and song book into my black back pack.
"So....Is this Joongie saying yes?"
"The fuck does it look like?"
I hate when he gets his way by acting cute...it makes me feel funny.
"YES! I have a good idea, ooooh listen to it! We can walk over the bridge that runs along Han River! And walk around the city! And-"
His loud rambles start to raise in volume, making his voice echo throughtout the luxurious studio.
I place my hand over his mouth, shutting him up.
"Shit, Hwa, okay. We're going."
His eyes look at me with amusement as he smiles against my palm.
When I remove my hand, he says a little "yay."
My backpack is lifted off the floor and onto my back as we both stand up from our spots.
When I go to take a step, the force of his arm blocking me makes me stumble backwards a little.
"You thought we weren't getting there in style?"
In style? The fuck does that even me-
Before I can speak or really ponder over what that means, he sweeps me up in his arms and wiggles his brows at me.
He checks around us, looking all over the studio before taking off.
The rush of wind from his speed makes me feel so alive.
It's amazing, unlike anything I have ever experienced before.
It kisses my skin and makes my head spin.
My breath catches in my throat.
Everything but his body is out of focus.
With wind sweeping back his long hair, the effortlessly attractive male is showcased for me.
I'm one lucky guy, aren't I?

"Hongjoong, look at me! I wanna take a picture on this thing!"
Seonghwa holds up the his black iphone, pointing the camera towards me.
I hold my hands up covering my face shyly.
"Baby pleeaaaaasssseee~ I want to be able to see your pretty face whenever I want!"
"I'm a guy...i'm not pretty."
"You're right, you aren't just pretty. You're breathtakingly beautiful. Now look at me and smile!"
His phone is lifted again and his eyes focus on it.
The compliment makes me blush and smile, forcing me to forget that he wants a picture of me.
I hear snapping sounds and he drops his phone into his back pocket.
He walks over to where I lean on the railing to the bridge that overlooks Han River.
Long arms wrap around my slim waist as he whispers a "good boy" into my ears.
I shake him off and punch at his bicep.
"Okay you perv, you got what you wanted."
He laughs and grabs my hand, intertwining our ring covered fingers.
He pulls me off the railing to walk across the busy bridge.
"I did. I got you."
Though the bridge is so busy and sort of loud from all the voices, his words seem to scream out to me.
I beam, trailing behind him, looking lovingly at our hands.
His big hand swallows my small one.
Cold thumbs rub my soft, warm skin and it makes me feel hot inside.
Wanting to keep this view captured forever, my right hand reaches for my own phone.
Without raising suspicion, I snap a picture of our linked hands and smile when I inspect it.
I don't even notice we stopped walking until I crash into his back.
"Ow fuck."
"What are you so happy about?"
He turns around and smiles at me widely.
Right.....maybe he felt it.
"I-I um...I-"
His eyes follow our hands, definitely feeling that I have tightened my grip.
"You.....?"
"Ilikethatweareholdinghandsandyoumakemehappyingeneralsoyeah."
I ramble my words out in a quick manner, quite self-conscious that I might come off too needy or clingy.
His black boots step closer and suddenly, I shiver at his cool radiation.
"Don't make me pry~"
I huff and close my eyes, too embarassed to maintain eye contact.
"I like that we are holding hands and um...and you make make just-just happy in general. Yeah, that's um, that's it."
Once my caramel eyes open, they peer straight at our hands and observe every single detail.
His slender digits and pretty nails.
The chipped black polish on my own nails.
A bulky, red ring on his middle finger.
The little ridges in his skin that make up his unique fingerprints.
Even the large veins that run across both of hands, connecting like little streams.
I'm so embarrassed, I could die.
"I'm glad! You make me happy too, really really happy!"
My head of blonde hair snaps up to the sharp features and bright eyes, pride flowing through my whole being.
He simply winks at me and continues on walking, dragging my shocked self along.
We walk in silence for a long while.
The sounds of others' coversations and light wind fills the air, creating a comfortable atmosphere.
Every so often, I rip my eyes away from the tall man and look towards the River, which reflects the now setting sun.
It is undoubtedly beautiful.
Orange, pink, and yellow hues bounce off the glass-looking water.
But I can't keep looking for long because I am too busy adoring something else.
Or someone else.
Even with the most beautiful scenery around me, he is still the apple of my eye.
My object of adoration.
And as more days pass, I find myself not being ashamed of it.
Rather, I begin to love it.
When we reach an empty bench, he pulls us over to it.
His black jeans meet the wooden bench.
Before I can sit next to him, he grabs my hips firmly and pulls me onto his lap.
"Seonghwa-"
"I have something to ask you."
I turn my thin neck to examine his face.
"Would it be absolutely absurd if an immortal wanted to be with a mortal?"
His sharp chin rests on my shoulder as he looks up at me.
I grin and say, "totally absurd."
"And if the mortal also wanted to be with the immortal....would that also be absurd?"
"Even more absurd."
Cold lips peck my skinny neck, causing me to sigh in complete content.
"You think the mortal knows that the immortal would do anything to keep them the happiest being alive? And protect them at all costs?"
I nod and play along.
"The mortal has heard it enough and has felt it too. Of course he knows. Does the immortal know that the mortal would try to the be the best version of himself for him?"
Seonghwa nods against my shoulder, his black hair bouncing.
"He does."
Our faces are all smiles and blushes as we hold intimate eye contact.
His black pupils and vibrant irises pierce into the windows to my soul, exploring and tearing down my defenses.
I understand all the rom-coms and art about love and adoration....this is what it's about. All those words about feeling so admired and cherished , I finally get it. I don't need anything else as long as I have this.
At my thoughts, I smile widely, showing off my teeth and crescent eyes.
His eyes widen and he bites down on his lip before speaking.
"You mean that?"
I send a confused look his way and my lips part a bit, trying to find some words.
"I heard...somehow I just heard. As long as you have this...us....you'll be truly happy?"
I  turn my head away from him and survey the area.
No use lying now.
"Y-yeah."
His strong arms embrace me tighter as he snuggles his face closer to mine.
"Then how about this...how about you really give me the right to do so?"
"What do you mean?"
He turns me on his lap, making my face visible to him.
"Hongjoong, be my boyfriend. Please, give me the right to call you mine.  You would make me the happiest guy to walk this Earth. I'll treasure you and protect you and support you...always. "
He giggles and I feel my heart beat aggressively.
The thumping is so violent that it almost hurts.
"I told you I've never been more sure about something in my entire life. We belong together. We complete each other. We'll be forever and always, I can promise you that. So please....will you be my boyfriend?"
At the end of his little speech, a new feeling inside me unlocks.
The world seems to have a hearts and roses filter over it with Seonghwa the focus.
His deep voice and sweet words are all I can think about.
Everything else, everyone else....it all doesn't seem so important.
What's important is him.
It will always be him and it probably always was...ever since the day I met him.
His touch feels more cold and comforting than usual.
His face seems even more handsome.
I feel like i'm on cloud nine.
"Hwa..."
"Yes?"
"I have a condition."
Nervousness is written all over his face as he grips onto my clothes.
"What is it baby?"
"If you become my boyfriend, you have to promise me that you will be the last thing I see before I fall asleep every night."
"Anything my pretty boy desires~"
I stifle a giggle and curl my fingers into his hair.
"If that's the case, then give your boyfriend a kiss."
"We're in public Joongie. I didn't know you were so impatient."
"Now you know. And good, that way everyone knows you're mine."
The words leave my mouth before I can process them.
He just chuckles as I bite down on my lip.
As we get closer, I let go of my lip, letting it bounce back to ghost against Seonghwa's.
Our noses touch and both of our eyes close lightly.
We kiss softly and gently, letting our lips move very slowly.
When we pull back we smile at each other and I can't help my gaze from traveling to his lips once again.
I peck once more and get comfy on his lap.
A deep breath draws out of my lungs as we watch the sun set over the Han River.
The warmth from the sun is enjoyable.
But the feeling of my boyfriend's skin is even better.
I lean my head to rest against his and watch as the slight winds cause ripples in the calm water.
Deep hums leaving the thick lips fill my ears, making me smile even wider.

Boyfriend. Shit, I like the sound of that.

——————————————————————

writting this while listening to korean love songs HIT DIFF I SWEAR.
also thank you to everyone that is reading/voting/commenting, it warms my heart oooo
any thoughts bros?