chapter fourteen

season one ; episode three { The Forbidden Zone }
chapter fourteen

[ ⚠️𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 - 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 & 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓 ]

𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓 ]

THE NEXT DAY Brooklyn was awoken by the sounds of laughter and talking coming from outside the Château. She wiped the sleep out of her eyes and stomped to her wardrobe, pulling it open and grabbing the first pair of clothes she found.

She walked outside wearing a pair of baggy ripped jeans and a cropped shirt she had ripped a few years ago. She slipped on her converse and joined JJ and Pope who stood on the deck.

"Morning, Brooke." She gave Pope a high five, slinging her arm over his shoulders.

The boys were looking through the drone camera at Kiara and John B who were messing around under the water.

"What's this?" JJ asked, touching a button.

"Don't touch that." Pope smacked his hand away. "I'm trying to work that out."

"God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man."

"What would we do without you to control the drones?" Brooklyn smirked, pinching his cheek.

"It's not a drone, Ro. It's an ROV."

She cringed at the use of her nickname he gave her a few years back when they first met... she didn't understand why he called her that but he just did sometimes. She found it more strange that she had so many nicknames.

"Shut up. I told you to never call me that again." She punched his arm, pulling away from him. "It's too early to annoy me right now."

"Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim." John B spoke, pushing the hair out of his face.

"It's such bullshit. Why do we have to do that?"

"Well, there is maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

"I know. I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro."

"Well, as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John B splashed around, trying to get himself comfortable in the water.

"How do you know all of that?"

"'Cause our dad said it, like, a million times." Brooklyn saluted him, a smile across her face.