Chapter 16

Would you look at that I'm at over 500 readers, that just makes me so happy~~ I <3 you guys~~~~~ keep reading maybe I might add some delevopment towards reader-chan and Ushijima , stay tuned to find out.

Authors note at the end. 😊

Winners can't be chooser's

The season went great, we came in the top four, we didn't win but who could against some of those monster teams, my time here is almost up and where am I right now, I'm in my sister's store picking up a package that I ordered not too long ago.

Annabella came out of the storeroom and handed me the package, I took it out and admired the clothing, it was a male's volleyball t-shirt. Blue, red, white, and black with the number 1 on it.

"Y/n, is this for your boyfriend?" I scoff at her before placing it back into the black bag satisfied with my purchase. "When do you go back?"

I look up at her concerned face and my face softens, I give a small smile.

"Tomorrow. I'll miss you, sis." I go in for a hug which just turns into a soul crushing bear hug that has definitely popped some ribs out of place.

Time skip

I'm at the airport with my friends, family, and some of my teammates, I'm so glad that me and Darren didn't have an encounter. I would've decked him if he showed up now or before. Becky and Sarah give me a giant squeeze whispering in my ear.

"Go get him tiger."

I had finally spoken to them about my feelings towards a certain boy, they helped me recognise my newfound feelings and that maybe it's best to start over. And to go at his pace but I'll probably throw that out the window the moment that I see him again because you know YOLO.

They release me back into the wild, my brothers embarrass me when they all yell.

"WE'LL MISS YA, DIPSHIT. GO WIN NATIONALS AGAIN."

I walk away pretending that they aren't speaking to me and hurry to the boarding room, but I hide the small smile creeping up my face. Here we come Japan.

I had made it back safe and sound, a gruelling 11-hour journey had utterly destroyed me, I made it back home. Mum let me sleep until she woke me telling me that I had to eat and then go to the dorms and unpack. She was right so we did.

The next day I braved towards the gym knowing that there will definitely players inside and who. I walk in with black bags in hand I drop them when I watch a ball fly on course to the court, I run and receive to tumble into a roll and back onto my feet.

"Rolling.... THUNDER!" I cheered.

I look up to see a very shocked gym, Wakatoshi looks happy, and soon everyone comes towards me into a massive dog pile once again. Satori twirls me around some few before dropping me to my feet.

I look up to find everyone staring at me, that's kinda off putting, is that how they feel, oh my god I'm a terrible person. These thoughts eat away at me, and that's when I remember, oh yeah, the bags. I walk over to where I dropped them and back towards the team.

"Ooo, goodies~ Y/n~chan." Satori exclaims. I pull the smaller bag out first and turn to the captain, he still had the small smile plastered onto his face which was a little weird when the dude in question never smiles.

"Happy birthday..." I didn't want to say his name, I'm meant to keep it slow and steady that always wins the race. He hesitates to take it at first before actually reaching in and taking out the contents, it's the t-shirt that Annabella had made from my request. It has his name on it as well.