Love, Anonymous

Things have been quite...off, lately.

Not really the kind of "off" that tells you there's going to be another League of Villains attack, but more so like the kind of off where people are acting strange.

For one thing, whenever Midoriya and Todoroki hang out or have one-on-one time (which has been happening quite often as of late), Ashido and Asui can't help but snicker to themselves as if they are plotting some evil scheme. Midoriya wasn't exactly sure if it was just him who noticed, but it Todoroki didn't say anything about it. So, Midoriya shrugged it off.

But then...

Midoriya stepped outside of his dorm room one morning to find a slip of paper taped to his door. He raised a brow, curiously looking around and then tearing off the tape to look at the paper. It was folded up very neatly, as if the person who left it took extra care in making it look nice.

He unfolded the paper and...it was a note? The handwriting was rather neat too. It was easy to read and the characters on the paper seemed to flow together.

To Midoriya,

Out of all the members in Class 1-A, I find you to be the most endearing and brave. I'm a little envious, actually. I want to be brave and strong like you, and use my quirk to its fullest without fear. After all, that's what a hero does, right?

I wonder what you think of me?

Love, Anonymous

Midoriya blinked in surprise before a wide, happy smile formed on his face. His cheeks grew warm and his eyes watered. That was...really very sweet. Was this some kind of secret admirer? Or just a nice note someone left? Regardless of what it was, he knew whoever wrote it had to be a student here.

He gave the quiet hallway one last glance and then went back inside his room. He opened his desk drawer, slid the note inside, then closed it.

What a great start to the day. Midoriya walked out with a smile on his face, attending his class feeling much more punctual and confident than usual.

———————————————————————————

"I heard Todoroki has a crush on someone!" Ashido exclaimed, nudging Midoriya's side playfully as he grabbed his lunch. Midoriya blinked at her, surprised. Todoroki has a crush? He was always so reserved and quiet, Todoroki having a crush on someone was a bit...

"Do you know who it could be, Deku?" Hagakure asked him eagerly, seemingly bouncing around. "You and Todoroki are really close!"

"Ah, I'm not sure. He hasn't really told me that yet..." Midoriya scratched his head and laughed a bit. Although this did make him wonder...what was Todoroki's type, exactly? And...was it true? Did he actually like someone? Something churned in the pit of his stomach and he suddenly felt sick.

"I'm gonna go, guys, I'll let you know if he tells me anything!" Midoriya told them with a reassuring smile. The girls nodded and smiled wide before retreating to their friends.

Why...do I feel jealous?

———————————————————————————

The next morning, Midoriya found another note on his door. He tilted his head and then took it off the door, opening it up.

The same handwriting...

To Midoriya,

Seeing you in class always makes me feel strange. I can't quite place it...but the way you hold your All Might pen, and the way you quickly write down the notes is so impressive to watch. I always like to see you smile, too, because it makes me feel happy. It...makes me want to smile with you.