5

~ Harry's POV ~

"I'll be back around noon, okay?" I told her flippantly whilst walking out the door. I'm pretty sure she said 'okay' but I wasn't really listening because I was rushing to get to class.

I walked down the hallway and through the house to the front door dodging all the guys with my head down low. I was never a very good liar so I knew I wouldn't stand a chance if anyone asked me about where I was last night. Normally, the guys and I have drinks in the living room before heading off to bed but I didn't go — I was too busy looking after Briar.

She was different to any other girl I'd met. Most girls would jump at the chance to sleep with me, but she didn't. It was irritating and yet I kinda liked it.

"Styles!" An Irish voice shouted from behind me, "Where you heading?"

"English Lit, you?" I sighed.

"Business Studies, but I can walk with you," Niall grinned, kinda resembling the purple cat from Alice in Wonderland. We made small talk as I walked next to my childhood friend through the busy halls to our classes. His room was two doors down from mine so he was with me most of the way.

"Louis is throwing a party at his parents house tonight, you in?" Niall asked making me stop in my tracks. I wanted to go, but I couldn't leave Briar.. could I?

"I don't know mate, it's a Tuesday night," I searched my brain for an excuse but struggled to find one.

"And? You always come to parties on week days and I know you don't have classes on a Wednesday!" Niall nagged on at me.

"I still don't know," I dragged out the last word and pulled my bottom lip between my finger and thumb.

"Go on Hazza, you only live once right?" He smiled up at me through his crisp blue eyes and I threw my head back.

"Fine. What time?" I gave in.

"Starts at 8, so anytime after then." Niall beamed like a child on Christmas before waving goodbye and going into his classroom. I trudged into mine with my shoulders slumped in annoyance. I had to go now I'd told Niall I would but I couldn't leave Briar behind.

I would have to take her.

The lecture lasted just over two hours and the bell rang at 10 to signal switchover. I heaved myself out of my chair and into my next class, Law, and was bombarded with people.

"Hey babe, any plans for tonight?"

"Harry, why didn't you call me back?"

"Harry! Are you going to Louis' party tonight?"

The desperate girls with high pitched voices and low cut tops all silenced at the last question. I groaned at all the fuss and tried to ignore it all, sitting down next to my good friend Liam.

Everyone stayed quiet and I didn't plan on breaking that blissful moment, but Liam spoke up.

"So, are you?" He grinned.

"Fucking hell," I muttered under my breath before speaking louder so the class could hear, "Yes I am going to Louis' party. Happy?"

The girls all squealed and giggled making my ears bleed until the Professor came in to teach.

The day went quickly after that, my final class finishing at 4:20pm. I met Zayn, Liam, Niall and Louis at our spot outside the building and walked back to our frat together.

"H, where are you going?" Louis called before I could escape up the stairs. I stood awkwardly half way up and tried to think of an excuse.

"I need to pee." I said shortly and rushed up the stairs into my room. I looked around to see Briar no where in sight and my heart sank. What if she'd been caught? God knows if one of the teachers found her she'd be arrested for trespassing, and I know she's too innocent to go to jail.

"Briar?" I hissed after closing the door behind me. "Briar are you in here?"

No answer.

"Briar this isn't funny."

No answer.

"For fucks sake Briar!" I yelled, slamming my hand down on my desk. I had no clue where she had gone and it made my anxiety run wild.

My hands tugged at my curls while I paced up at down the room. A cold breeze blew down my back making me snap my neck up and spin around. I rushed over to the window and noticed it was left ajar with the pillow case rope thing we made swinging slightly in the wind.

She left? Oh.

Not even 24 hours passed and she'd already had enough of me. I guess I couldn't blame her though, everyone else I'd ever began to trust did the same.

My adams apple bobbed as I swallowed thickly, feeling sick to my stomach. I scoffed darkly at myself as I recalled my thoughts I'd had when she was still here. In such the short time I'd known her, I was already so sure Briar would be the one to change everything, be the one to pull me from my dangerous thoughts; but she was just like everyone else.

A sudden yell from downstairs pulled me out of my thoughts. I ran back down in a hurry with a smile on my face, expecting to see Briar with the guys. It wasn't.

Zayn's body led in a pool of his own crimson blood.

"I'm gonna pass out," Niall uttered before lying down on the sofa, an arm covering his eyes dramatically. Liam and Louis both stood in shock staring at the disgusting view.

Zayn's eyes had rolled back showing only white and his neck had a seeping gash across it. My hands began to shake; I hated blood.

"Is he dead?" Liam asked shakily.

"No Liam, he's as right as rain mate," Sarcasm dripped from Louis voice. Trust him to start making jokes when a murder had just happened.

"Who did it?" I half whispered, afraid of the answer.

"I don't know, we were all sat watching the football and Zayn went to get a beer. We heard him scream but was too late, he was already falling to the floor. I didn't see who did it." Louis explained, making my head spin.

The sound of sirens in the distance pulled me out of my thoughts. I turned away from the body in disgust, unable to face it.

"You know, Zayn was always a dick but he didn't deserve that." Niall sighed with his head in between his knees. I nodded even though he couldn't see me. But my mind was elsewhere, thinking of Briar. Was she killed too? Did she know a murderer here, and that was why she ran off?
She must've been so scared, I had to find her.

The door flung open and a bunch of paramedics rushed through and to the body, crowding it from my view. I wasn't complaining.

"Officer Jameson from the police department." A bold man in his mid 40's greeted us. He shook hands with all four of us before he started asking questions.

"I'm sorry sir, but I wasn't even here at the time the incident occurred." I huffed after the hundredth question directed at me. His eyebrows raised and he looked at the others for confirmation to which they all nodded.

"He's right sir, he was upstairs in the toilet." Niall defended me. I smiled at him, he always jumped to help me no matter what.

"Okay, then you may leave, unless you have any ideas of who could have committed this crime?"

I shook my head honestly and was dismissed, I rushed out the door. My heart was pounding but I kept walking. I was trying to find Briar, but I didn't know where she could be.

Please don't be dead.

why do you think Briar has ran off?

Word Count —> 1334