chapter five

"Sierra!!!" Ashton yells, echoing the whole lunch room. Everyone stared at me as if there was a ghost chasing me. Everyone had their own tables while here we have Ashton running towards me.

"Ashton calm down!" i whisper

"Excuse me, you should only have a single chair in a single table" a guard says to me then looks at Ashton, "You know the rules."

Ashton smiles at me then it fades as he stood up, whispering something to the guard. With that, the guard left. Everyone continued eating like everything's normal.

"What did you say?" i ask, slicing my beef that's so cold. It's disgusting, I know.

He snorted, "I have good news Sierra, don't you wanna hear it?"

"Uhm sure."

"I have plan b." he grins "Instead of burning, we flood it."

"What about the spirits?" i ask, covering my mouth from my chewing.

"Ugh we'll just try and try until they give up. Same plan, time, same escape route."

"Alright then." i shrug

"Aren't you happy??"

"I guess it's okay.."

"Hmm.. Just think about how much fun you'd have outside."

"I don't know where I'd stay outside.."

"I've been saving this.." he grabs something in his backpack. When did he have a backpack?

He hands me papers. It was for an apartment, furniture and everything.

"I can't accept this Ashton. It's yours." i shake my head

He shakes his head aswell, bringing it back to me "No, I'm not escaping anymore."

"Why not? Why won't you go with us? Why won't you escape?"

"Spirits" he answers "And I don't wanna go anymore. I have no plans."

"You have to go Ashton." i beg "I'd be with you."

"I don't know Sierra.." he scratches the back of his neck "I like being alone.."

I stayed speechless, nodding "Alright.... Later right?"

He nods, not saying anything else.

-
I met Ashton at the same place like before. I had to tell the guards alot of excuses and it was not easy at all. I already found Ashton turning on every single faucet, hose, or anything that brings out water. He even clogged every drainage or hole.

"Ashton.." i say, watching him doing it

"Hmm?"

"Come with me." i plea

He mumbles something before replying, "I already told you Sierra."

"You don't have to be alone. What? Are you gonna drown here too?"

He stayed silent.

"What??" i yell "So if I really did burn this place, you'd be dead?"

He looks at me innocently, still not saying anything.

"You're trying to kill yourself?" i say

"No. I'm trying to go back to my family" he says

"You don't have to do this."

"It's already being done" his voice was still soft "You should go up now before it really floods."

I start climbing, "And I wonder why no patient has ever escaped yet."

"I made that." he tells me

"Oh." It still doesn't get me though. Why doesn't he want to escape? Why is he so good? Why doesn't he just kill himself if that's the whole point? Why does he need to save us? Because he cares, that's what he says. He has no right to be in this asylum with a great personality like that.

"Hurry up Sierra." he yells a bit, clearing me from my thoughts

I stopped at the moment, thinking of what I'm doing. What am I doing? Letting him die?

I went back down, running toward him. The flood was already up to about my ankles. I ran into him, ignoring it. I went straight to him and wrapped my arms around him, almost crying on his shoulder.

He didn't move. His hands touched my arms though. He pulled me out and stared at me. He was thinking of something for sure.

"Y'know patients were already escaping during the first plan. I-I would've escaped from all these days from that trapdoor you made. I would've left, any day at all. But I stayed, I don't wanna lose you."

His lips parted but he didn't say anything.

"I'm not leaving." i tell him, standing completely still.

"Sierra, go" he pushes me. I tried holding my balance but he was too strong, he pushed my until the corner of the room. "The escape plan, Sierra" he reminds "Just up there."

"No!" i protest

"Sierra, you agreed on this. You know the plan."

"I know! But I won't leave you!" i start yelling since the water is creating louder noises.

"I'm better off alone aswell Sierra!"

"You don't have to do this!" i cry "You don't have to kill yourself."

"I need to go back with my family! In this way you guys would be safe too! My family will be in peace when this asylum is done"

"You're right." i sigh "But what about me?"

"You'll have a better life outside. New beginning. I know it. You can change Sierra! I can't!"

"You have to try."

He leans forward, pressing his body next to mine. He cupped my cheeks with his hands, pulling it, making our lips connected. He wrapped his arms to my neck then to my waist.

"I won't leave you" i whisper

**
Hello hello. So I'm already gonna tell you that all four books are connected, if you haven't seen the connection yet, just wait :-)

And please vote bc it means alot and in that way I would update more
-aislin