Chapter 1

I don't understand my father. I tried to survive for so long that I ignored most of his faults but now I really can't understand him. 

        "Papa! Jennette isn't like her father!" I yelled at him. He looked back at me disinterested. 

        "She might as well be. The saying always goes that apples don't fall far from the tree," Claude replied as he kept walking. I felt mad. 

          "Oh for god's sake, papa! Jennette has only ever been kind and a sweet person to me and everyone around her! How can you assume she's a bad person just because of her parents!?" I yelled. 

         "Athanasia." Claude said. 

         "Jennette cares about me and I care about her! I won't allow you to do anything to her," I yelled again before standing in front of him. He had a serious expression. 

       "Athanasia. You don't understand-" Claude started. 

        "Are you saying I'll grow up to murder a whole palace full of people too, then?" I asked him, fully knowing that it would hurt. Even though I knew it hurt I still said it. He stared at me silently. 

       He looked down before walking away. I wasn't sure what to say, I just felt relieved that Jetty was safe now. I sighed. How can you be so stubborn and unmoving. I don't understand him. 

       Our relationship slowly started to drift apart from there. I was still mad at him for trying to hurt Jennette and he was hurt by my words so we didn't talk for a very long time. 

      It's already been 2 years since I last had a proper conversation with him. One day I was laying in bed and I thought about things. I was so desperate to save Jennette I didn't properly consider what I was saying to him. 

       I wish.. even if it was just a bit more, I wish I could understand him. Because right now I feel like he's so far away... 

      And so I closed my eyes and the next day I woke up looking at the sky.