KSImon~ Dentist

{JJ}

If you know me, you know I hate the dentist. A phobia if you like. I keep my teeth in check all year round so I don't have to go too often. Except, this time I needed to go. My tooth had been causing me pain for months now, but I was putting it off until I had someone to come with me. nobody knew about it and I wanted to keep it that way but were sitting in the kitchen, and Ethan had just made brownies, offering one to each of us, me being the first to take one, and the first to bite into it, only for my tooth to hurt, and my eyes to water. "ow ow ow ow ow." This. Caused everyone to put their brownie back. Shit. I had to tell them now right? "no, guys they taste good, my tooth has been causing me pain for months" I said letting a tear slide down my cheek. "JJ, if it hurts that much why didn't you go to the dentist?" Tobi asked "because I thought it would go away." I responded. "right, JJ I am booking you an appointment for the dentist OK?" Josh spoke. "bu..." "no buts JJ you are in pain, we are getting this sorted once and for all" I sighed but I had a look of fear still evident on my face, and I knew full well that Simon noticed this. I knew that I would need Simon with me. Now, I have nothing against the other sidemen, but as well as him being my best friend, I have a crush on him. I must have zoned out for a while because I hadn't noticed Josh slip out and come back from making the call. "JJ, you have an appointment in 45 minutes with Dr shara ok?" "f-fine Simon, can you come with me I don't wanna get mobbed by fans" "yeah sure. Let me go get dressed ok, then we can leave" "ok" I said. It was now only me Tobi and Vik in the kitchen and Vik decided to speak up. "it's not the fans you are scared of it's the dentist isn't it? And you want Simon to be with you cuz you love him and he takes the nerves away" "h... How did you..." "JJ how long have you known me? I think I have seen every person you are in love with. You have to tell him today. He needs some cheering up today, he has been letting the hate get to him lately, this will cheer him up" "OK fine" I walked away knowing Vik was right, and shouted "I will wait in the car Simon" before going to sit in the car. Seconds later, Simon came out and got in the drivers seat, and began our journey to the dentist. The first 5 minutes were quiet before I decided to speak up. "uh S-Si? Can I speak to you about something?" "sure Jide what's wrong" "it's about a guy I like."  "ooh a guy? Who is this guy?" I paused, trying to say things to help him catch on, but it took like, 20 minutes to form words. "he's tall, blonde, cute, same age as me, kind, loving, gentle, he's evetything" "oh my god you love cal!" we had arrived at the dentist, and we had 10 minutes to spare, so I said "no. Si, he's a few days younger than one of my best friends. He... Never mind let's go" I said, getting out the car and walking towards the door. As I walked in to the dentist, my name was called and Simon had caught up to me. "Si, come in with me please" "sure JJ" he said as we walked in. "Hello JJ how are you today?" Dr shara asked. "I'm good thanks" "that's good, sit in the chair for me please, and I will see what the issue is. Which side is the pain?" "the left right by the back" I said as I sat down and the chair was laid back. "open wide" I did as I was asked and opened my mouth hesitantly. He picked up the mirror ting and observed my teeth, and when he gasped I knew something was wrong. He put the chair up, and said "ok JJ, I won't lie. This is quite bad. You have a cracked tooth, and it's completely split in 2. It would have been easily fixed if you had come at first but where you have been holding off, one half of the tooth has been pushed back into the gum, meaning it needs to be removed" I let a tear fall and Simon noticed THIS "JJ, what's wrong?" "hurts" I cried. "right JJ we can remove it now but it has to be right now is that ok?" "y-yeah" "great. I will be back in 5 minutes with the right items" he said while walking out. Simon took his chance to question me. "JJ what's wrong. Why are you so nervous?" I sighed. "I'm scared of the dentist. I'm normally worse than this, I guess it's because... Don't worry" "JJ, I know somethings up. Tell me please" "ok. It's because your here. I'm less nervous because you are here. I-I I'm... I think I'm in love with you. I know I'm in love with you. That's why I'm less nervous because I know I'm safe with you" "pfff. I-I don't know what to say. I'm relieved you told me that. I remember when I first met you, you. To be honest you gave off bad vi..." he got cut off by Dr shara walking in. "ok JJ, lay on the chair please and I will numb the area so you will feel no pain." I did as I was told but said "keep talking Simon I'm still nervous" he started talking again "I remember when I first met you. You were just giving off bad vibes. But you came over to me all charming and sweet and gentle and asked me how I was and we got talking. Ok, so I know we were only 13 but I knew we were going to be best friends when you came over to me that first time. I guess what I'm trying to say is... I-I'm in love with you too. An obviously you can't talk right now, and probably for the next 2 days with how much pain you are going to be in, so I will just talk. I fell in love with you when we were just 13. It broke my heart to know that you were straight and that you would one day you would find a girl and fall in love get married and have children. And... You did find a girl. But you didn't have that spark in your eye that you got around Liam and Niall. I didn't notice that it was love and not just you being happy to see them. I didn't even bother considering you were gay. But when I turned 18 you told me you were gay and that you had a boyfriend, I could see that you were happy, and I had to hide my feelings away. Deep down though I was happy because it meant I had more of a chance with you. And I was happy because you were happy.
Then when we were 22 you told me that you had met Josh who was 22, Vik who was 19, Tobi who was 22 and Ethan who was 21. we were creating a group called the sidemen. Then when we were 24,23 and 21, Harry joined us. He was 21. Now we are 26 and you told me you loved me. And I love you. So I'm left to ask, JJ, will you be my boyfriend?" I held my thumb up just as the dentist finished." now, JJ, you will be in pain for a few days so you can take neurofen when you get home then two hours after if it's painful you can take paracetamol. You can only eat soft foods for a week, obviously the tooth won't grow back so we can offer you a false tooth or braces to pull your teeth together to fill in the gap. It's up to you. We will get onto you in a week to discuss it with you. Have a nice day." Dr shara said as we walked out.

I was in pain but I said "thank you Simon. Thanks for coming with me. And yes. I will be your boyfriend. I love you" "I love you too." he spoke. The rest of the journey was spent in silence but Simon took my hand in his using the hand he wasn't driving with and as we pulled into the drive, he got out and ran to open my door, making me smile. He made a plan on how to tell the others we were dating and it was great to be honest. He was going to set up a dinner in his bedroom but make it really romantic. However he was going to tell the boys to call him. they would see the candles but not me. It would make them ask who was with him and he'd hear me say "si, babe, who is it" and we would see how they respond to us. With the plan set up, we walked into the house to be met by the others pestering me about what happened. Simon spoke up. "basically his tooth was cracked" "so you had a filling JJ?" "no he left it so long it completely cracked in to 2 bits and one half got pushed into the gum so he had the tooth removed. He can't speak for a few days so he will have a whiteboard." the next day, Simon asked the other boys to call him. "guys can you call me tomorrow at 7 pm to help me make a video please?" everyone else said sure but I 'zoned out' "OLAJIDE OLATUNJI" "what? Sorry I zoned out" "I said can you call me tomorrow to help me record a video" "no. I'm busy" "no don't worry if you can't. It doesn't require more than 6 people if you don't want more than 6" "good because I can't" I said pretending to be angry at him. I spent the rest of the day "ignoring" him. The next day, Simon spent his time in his room setting up the romantic dinner while I spent the day in my room, until everyone was in their room at 6:45 when I slipped out of my room and up to Simons room. I knocked on the door and walked in to see the most beautiful romantic dinner set up. We sat at the table eating until the others called and Simon got up to answer it. I was off camera so I could just sit here and relax. I knew who was calling but I had to play dumb. I heard Simon speak "guys I'm sorry I forgot..." "Si babe, who is it?" I said. Simon unplugged the headphones and I heard 5 gasps. "Simon Minter and Olajide Olatunji why in the name of God did you not tell us you are dating? How long? " Vik asked. "well only 2 days actually but we realised we fell in love when we were 13" I responded and Simon looked at me shocked. "s-so... You fell in love when we met too? What about your ex's?" everyone was at the door by now. "they were to try and make you jealous. They were never dating me, they just saw how much we loved each other even if we didn't see it. I always chose you when the popular kids wanted me to join them" "awww guys you 2 are so cute!! When are you getting married?" Tobi asked. "actually... I was going to uh..." I got down on one knee and spoke again "when you told me that story at the dentist how you fell in love with me when we were 13 and then you didn't even consider that I was gay until I came out as gay at 18 and had a boyfriend and you had to hide away your feelings. I felt bad that you thought I didn't love you when I felt the same as you did. And I know we have only been dating for 2 days but since we have been in love since we were 13, I was wondering" I pulled the engagement ring out of my pocket and said "Simon, will you marry me?" he had tears cascading down his cheeks and he was nodding furiously. "yes!! Of course I'll marry you JJ" "AWWW KSIMON ARE GETTING MARRIED" AHH DAMN IT NOW I DON'T GET JJ" Ethan yelled as a joke as everyone laughed. I had my long awaited fiancee and my best friends and I couldn't be happier