Monster.

Leaned against his door, Asahi heard the faint stomping of Life's feet as he left. He took in a deep breath but it got caught on its way out. His eyes were closed, face scrunched and fists tightly rung together. 'It had been going so well...'

Death had only known Nishinoya for two days. It wasn't necessarily rational to be so crushed about this, he reasoned. But even with the limited time being together, Asahi had already fallen into a comfortable position with him. He was unnerving, yes, but made their time spent together exciting.
Perhaps, in hindsight, Asahi should have known what was to come, and should have expected Nishinoya to only want to resolve the issue with his possessions and leave it at that. No friendship blossomed and no feelings were hurt. But there was hurt and he did think they could get closer. Asahi let out a soundless whimper and sank to the floor. The first God he had ever met left him just like that and it was back to being alone and cold and miserable. He didn't want that again.

He didn't know how long he stayed on the ground or when he had started to cry, but when he tried to stand up he couldn't ignore the deep settled ache within his bones. The pull towards the grown and droopiness of his eyelids only amplified as he opened the door and walked out to his main room. Everything was back to usual. He was alone, encompassed with a pain that never quite left his weary body and left to doing a job he didn't like. With Nishinoya, all that was gone. Temporary bliss, he thought, running his finger along his palms which were still buzzing from their contact with Life's hands.
For the first time, he wasn't alone, with that one God. He had felt like he never had before.

Asahi's brain continued to spiral as he leaned against the large pool. It'd be selfish, the thought, to seek the company of someone else only because it made you feel better. But he liked his presence and really did like hearing about Life's family and job and strange antics even if he didn't understand more than half of it.

A large gust came from his core as he limply draped himself over the ledge. He was tired and sad.
With a large push prefixed with a few minutes of mental preparation, he rose from his former position to resume work so he could rest. He called upon a few threads, pulled them tight then cleavinging them through the middle. His heart couldn't take watching their life play out tonight.

With a final string cut, he trudged away to another stairwell that led to his room. His body flopped onto the hard carved out bed that protruded out of his wall and wrapped himself with a thick woolen blanket. It took him a while to fall into his craved slumber, however when he did, it was far from pleasant.

Yuu ran out the large gates and darted his way down the path. His eyes were blurry with moisture and his lungs burned as he tried not to make any stupid crybaby noises...

Aurgh!! 'Keep going our own ways?? It was nice talking to you???' What the hell does that even mean? Was Yuu that rude? Did Death hate him because he just HAD to ask about those dumb fucking buds? Why did he care more about his relationship with Death than his creations? Why did touching Asahi's hand feel like the best damn thing he had ever experienced?

Questions muddled in his head while he desperately tried to find an answer to all of them. He stopped to breathe, leaning against an oak tree. He cursed silently, the bark rough and jutting out in every which direction. It looked old and almost dead. Can't even find a decent tree, he grumbled. When his brain calmed down slightly, it was then he realized he had no clue where he was. This whole time he had been fixated on Asahi, the way he moved, spoke, looked.. He hadn't even considered looking at his surroundings when they traveled to Death's home. Stupid, stupid... Yuu turned and kicked the Oak, shouting out at impact. 'Fuck that hurt....'