Hypothermia

Just a little one shot on acid fog/cold Clarke/concerned Bellamy. Snuggling ensues.

They were running short on food supplies. Winter was coming on fast, and today was the coldest day yet, they really needed to go hunting, and Bellamy could tell some certain people really needed to get out of camp before they killed someone. These certain people just so happened to be Clarke. She was acting like a caged lion, yelling at someone here, giving someone a death glare there. It wasn't good, and he was sincerely concerned for Miller's safety, as he seemed to get the brunt of it.
He decided today was the day, before it got too cold, he HAD to ask her. He found Clarke sneering at some kids that were clearing up a place for another fire, looking like murder and scalding hate. "Well, it's now or never," he thought.
"ehm, Clarke?"

"What?" She snarled back at him.
"We're low on food supplies, we need to go hunt, preferably sooner rather than later."

"Well, then go hunt already, if it's so urgent."
"Well, Princess, I need you to come with me. " he replied.
"Since when do you need ME?" She said snarkily.
"Since never, but now it's necessary cause everyone else stomps through the woods like a herd of rhinos, so let's get going before it gets dark. "
"Fine, I'll meet you at the gate."

It was two hours later, and they were still sneaking through the woods, looking for game. Bellamy had one rabbit slung over his shoulder and Clarke was fuming. As ruthless as she was, it seemed she couldn't take him killing a rabbit. They had been walking for a while now, and he was starting to give up on the idea that, maybe, just maybe, a hunting trip would help fix Clarke's mood. That's when he initiated a conversation.
"So, Princess, what's got your panties in a twist lately?"
"Excuse ME?"
"Easy there, you're gonna scare away all the animals," he warned.
"What, the invisible animals? I KNEW I wasn't imagining it," She replied sarcastically.
"Exactly what I'm talking about, Princess," he said.
"You're the one who started this conversation, you reap what you sow," she said.
"Whatever, su-
That's when they heard it, the acid fog horn.
"Crap," Bellamy cursed under his breath.
"Run, go on!"
They ran frantically, searching for a place to take cover. Out of the corner of his eye, Bellamy saw a little cave, perfect for acid fog hiding.
"In there," he shouted, pointing to the cave.
They both ran into the small isolated cave, huffing for breath in the dank air. He glanced around, you couldn't see much, but it looked safe enough.
Once settled inside the cave, Bellamy started to notice that they didn't have much with them, just hunting supplies. It was also only an hour or two away from sunset and the fog usually lasted about six hours. It was not, per say, an ideal situation. Also add the fact that he could feel the hostile glaring presence just a few feet away from him in the small space. He could honestly say he was fearing for his health right now.
"This is all your fault."

Well, at least she was talking.

"How is this MY fault, you're the one who I had to get out before you made someone wet their pants, Princess."

"STOP CALLING ME THAT. I am NOT a princess, you know, I should just start calling you prick, Prick."

"See what I'm talking about?"

They settled back in to a boiling silence, hostility slicing through the air like a sharp sword. Did he ACTUALLY think this would work out? God, he was stupid sometimes.

"No kidding," he heard her murmur.

"No kidding?" He asked.

"Did you seriously not realize you were talking out loud?"

Crap

"Whatever," he said.

Then she laughed, actually laughed.
"What's so funny?" He snarled.

"It's just, the ever so put together Bellamy Blake, not even realizing he's talking to himself, it's funny."

"Really? Well then maybe I should do it more often." He said

"Yah, you should," she sighed.

After that the silence was more of a comfortable silence, now the air was laced with ease, instead of open discomfort. They waited, it wasn't long before the sun set, and darkness settled in. He discarded one very important fact though, when darkness settles in, so does cold. With it being so NEAR winter, the cold was a bit intense. He could deal with it, he had hot blood. Therefore, he was just starting to get pretty damn cold, when he heard teeth chattering. He looked over and could barely see the outline of Clarke, and he knew she was the source of the chattering.

"Come here," he said.

"Huh?"

"I said, come here."

"I know, but why?"

"You're freezing, I can here your teeth, Princess."

"I'm perfectly fine," she said

"Well, you may be now, but it's only gonna get colder, and hypothermia is definitely a factor. And the camp can't exactly afford to lose you to hypothermia. So get your ass over here before I drag you over," he said in an exasperated voice.

He waited a few minutes, the silence echoing loudly in his ears, along with the chattering of Clarke's teeth. Which only got louder with time.

"Fine," he heard her mutter.

She shuffled across the cave floor, he opened his arms as she settled in next to him.

"Why are you always warm?" She said.

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused.

"Every time I touch you, you're warm," she muttered.

She almost sounded like she was about to cry, what could be wrong?

"I don't know, Princess"

She turned to look up at him, he could see her face in the dim light of the cave. Long lashes over big blue eyes, pouty pink lips, soft skin and high cheek bones, eye brows that arched high and then came back down, a low yet flattering forehead, a few scars that somehow made everything come together. Imperfect perfection.
Maybe their minds were linked, but they both leaned forward at the same time. When their lips met, a fire lit across his mouth, a fire that burned hot as blue flames, that spread from his lips down his throat, to his stomach, flooding through every limb like something hot and poisonous. They kissed for a long time, going from ravenous and crazed, to slow and deliberate, easy and wonderful.

"Now I understand," she said.

"Understand what?"

"You know, I'm not the only one who's been acting grumpy."

"Oh, crap"

And then they spent the next night snuggled against each other, teeth chattering.
Also, the camp was relieved of having to bare two very bitchy leaders.

- The End