Beggining (Pt 1)

It's been about 2 weeks since I got dragged to the bunker, by my "friend" Lawrence. Apparently his excuse for killing everyone and "saving" me was that he liked me and they were "In his way". I have refused to speak to him since, although he talks to me, in hopes I might respond. It's not entirely personal, I just don't know what to say, but I decided today is the day I talk.

    I turn to him, and say, "So, I guess we're stuck together aren't we?"
He jumps slightly when I talk, obviously he wasn't expecting it... but then, he smiles at me. Totally not creepy at all. "Tell me exactly what we're supposed to do now." I say. He keeps smiling and responds, "Wow, you're finally talking!". "Yep, now answer my question." I'm not in for his games.
"We can do whatever you want" he replies. He has a weird smile on his face, and I know what he's hoping i'll say, but i'm not so easily won.

    "Well, I want to get out of here" I say.
"But why? We have everything we need down here! Food, water, first aid kits, company..." I almost gag at his last word. "No offense, but honestly i'm not sure I want my "company" to be a serial killer." He chuckles. I'm surprised he didn't snap or something. Instead, he says, "Well, my company is better than no company right?" I hear an edge to the last word... it scares me a bit. I just sit there for a moment and finally just- nod slowly. He looks at me with, worry? Compassion? I can't tell, but my thoughts are interrupted by his voice.

"Did I- did I scare you?" His words might sound soft, but I can see his manipulative tricks behind that "sweet" face, but honestly, he did scare me. I break under his gaze and mumble, "Maybe." His eyes soften and he pulls me into a hug. I immediately push him back. I back up slightly as I talk, "Woah there, don't get to ahead of yourself." I glance at him and see a flash of... anger?! I start to worry a bit, I'm not thrilled to be in a bunker with an angry serial killer.

    But, just as quickie as it appeared, his anger vanished as he speaks, "I'm sorry I scared you." I'm kinda surprised that he said that, but I don't think he means it. "Erm- sorry for, pushing you." The words escape my mouth before I could stop them. NO! This is exactly what he wants! He wants me to apologize and trust him. I will not let that happen. He smiles and hugs me again. No! I try to push back, but he's holding me to tightly! He whispers into my ear, "I'm sorry for hurting you." I try pushing back again, but no luck. Maybe if I ask? Here goes nothing. "C-can you l-let me go?"

    Crap- that was a lot more shaky then I intended it to be. Why cant I control my words?! "Alright." Huh? His words break my panic as he lets me go, did he seriously agree? Ugh I sounded so scared he must've felt bad again. I quickly step back, shake my head and glare at him. I will NOT let him break me. No. Never. He gives me a stern look, not anger- or love. Just cold... all I feel is cold. I shiver slightly and sit down. I just- I practically rolled over for him. I can't believe his stupid face just- he just- tamed me, like a dog who bit it's owner, a cat who knocked a pot down... I feel vulnerable under his cold gaze. He's silent, and yet, I can't look away.

    He walks over to me, I fill with fear, is he going to- would he- hurt me?
Instead, he sits right next to me breaking his gaze, I feel like I can breath again. He starts to talk quietly, "I don't want to have to fight you-" My heart stops for a split second. He continues, "I just want you to like me." I stare at him- "Lawrence, I can't like you. You killed my friends, locked me in this bunker, and your tying to manipulate me." He sighs, "everything takes time-" he gets up and walks to the other side of the closet- like room, "you'll come around eventually." Lawrence is hard to understand, but I got one thing, his last words weren't said with hope, they were stated. Like he knew I was going to like him- weather I like it or not.
    All I do is look away and shuffle into the corner. I pull my knees up to my chest and hide my face, I can't help but cry at this hopeless situation. Sure, I could always try and like him, but I wont. I cant. I quietly cry into my hands, covered by my knees. I hear Lawrence sit next to me- I blew it- I'm weak, i'm vulnerable, and worst of all, It only took 2 weeks.