[Chapter Two]

[ Ian Eastwood ]

'Baby, I'm sorry about last night. I never meant to hurt you like that. xxx'

I sighed and tossed my phone to the side, watching as it landed on the pillow beside me. I closed my eyes, engulfing myself in darkness yet again, my fingers pulling at the edge's of my beanie. Tyler and I were suppose to go out to lunch today, but I don't think that's happening. After my little fall out at Brian's party, she hasn't been responding to my calls or text messages. She's pissed at me, and honestly, I'm pissed at myself.

"Yo, Ian," I heard someone yell, their voice echoing through out the empty apartment. "I'm heading down to the studio with the guys. You comin' with me?"

It was Brian. I mentally cursed him out, and instead I got up, making my way over to my closed bedroom door. I leaned against it and answered, "Not today. I gonna catch up on some sleep before the flight tomorrow. You know how I am on planes, man."

"Alright, catch you later. Do you want me to bring you something back from the diner after we finish? Like, a burger or something like that?"

I glanced towards my bed and noticed my phone wasn't lighting up or vibrating. I sighed, almost agreeing to go along with him when he added something important, "Oh, and Tyler told me to tell you to call her. She said she needs to talk to you about something that happened last night."

"For real?" I questioned, wanting to believe his words even though I had a sting of doubt in my mind.

Brian agreed, "Yeah, man. She sounded kinda upset, you know?"

After I heard the front door slam closed, I jumped onto my bed and snatched up my phone. I quickly unlocked it, dialed Tyler's number and impatiently waited for her to pick up. My mind prayed that she would, knowing that there was a slight chance that Brian was only fucking with my mind.

After three, painfully long seconds ticked by, that beautiful voice entered my ears, "Hello?"

"Hey, baby, it's me. Look, I'm really sorry about everything that happened last night," I rushed, just in case she hung up on me. Tyler's known for not answering her phone, and if she does, she has a tendency to hang up in someone's face. "I didn't mean to run off like that. It's - It's just Carla was standing there, and I was so pissed off because of what that guy had did to you. I didn't know what to do or say -"

"I forgive you, Ian," She softly said, her sweet voice causing a smile to break out on my face. "I understand why you left. I really do."

I then felt my emotions spill out through the phone. My lips were pulling words fromy mind; telling Tyler how much I loved her, how much I need her and how much I don't want her to leave me. I could practically see her smiling from over the phone, and that made me forget about last night's mishap.

"So, are we still on for lunch and a movie?" I asked gently.

My eyes were gazing at my footless shoes from their place beside my closet. I could hear something rustling from her end of our call, and then she spoke again, "I don't know. Brian asked me to go to some club with him. Ya know, a make up party for not seeing him at his."

Fuck you, Brian.