Oneshot

Ace sighed softly as he heard his older brother's loud snoring from the other room. Finally a chance for him to escape to have some quality alone time.

He quietly threw off his covers and after doning his winter coat, snuck out of the house and quietly made his way to the one place in this hellhole that he actually felt comfort besides in front of the TV watching his idol Mettaton.

Slowly, carefully he made his way to the edge of the core and lightly perched on the edge. He supposed being that close to a deep pit of fire and flames should have scared him or made him want to avoid the place but oddly this place brought comfort…perhaps it was because this was where his father had last been before he met his untimely demise at Joker's cruel hand.

Tears pooled in Ace's eyes as he thought of his father's smiling loving face. "I miss you Dad…" He whispered softly as he couldn't hold back his tears anymore. He began to weep uncontrollably holding his arms as if to try to keep himself from splitting apart.

As he sobbed, it may have just been his mind playing tricks on him but he could have swore he felt an almost gentle pressure on his shoulder. In his misery an illusion of Gaster had formed and was now hugging him comforting him. Ace didn't care if it was an illusion. He didn't care if it wasn't real. He just really needed some tender loving kindness.

Without thinking twice he quickly hugged the illusion of his father. The illusion hugged back lightly stroking his skull. "Dad I don't want to do this anymore... I don't want to be treated like some little tool or toy by Joker, I don't want to feel alone anymore... Wish you were here."

Slowly the illusion blinked before a sad smile graced it's features. 'Don't give up my son. You're much stronger than you look. I always believed you had great power and I still do. Stay strong, and know that I love you my child.'

Ace's eyes widened as the illusion smiled once more it's hand lightly stroking his cheek before it began to fade. Ace took a shaky breath as he slowly stood up. He felt a burning sensation in his chest. He would stay strong, he would play his cards right and act the part…. And when the time came he would make sure that all the wrongs that have been done to him had been done to his father, would be avenged.