Chapter I 'The stars in our sky'

"Bye granny! I'm off." Allison yelled while putting her shoes on

"Did you take your keys?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later."

"Don't be out for long!"

As her grandmother's voice echoed through the hall of the old building, she quickly climbed down the old stairs to find a familiar lanky blonde waiting for her.

"You're late."

"No" she replied, "You just came too early."

"Come on, I already ordered the food, we just have to pick it up, the others will get the drinks."

"Since when did you became the mom of the group Mike?" Allison teased

Giving her a small glance, Mike looked straight ahead and sighed

"How does me ordering our food suddenly making me the mom friend?"

"You're right, moms love you, you Mike, on the other hand are incapable of feeling emotions Mr. Robot," she said

"I feel things, Allison," Mike said.

"Cats don't count," she said poking his shoulder.

"Fuck off," he replied shrugging her off.

They continued walking the streets of Pine Point. Being a small town that it was, Pine Point was mostly filled with residents and occasional tourists who were passing by. The peace and quiet that the mountains surrounding the town provided made it seem a tad boring if you didn't know how to use your time properly. But warm summer nights such as this one made up for the lack of events here.

"Hey, Mike?" Allison broke the silence.

"Yeah?" he replied calmly.

"Do you think, we'll ever get to the stars?" she asked.

"I mean, didn't we even go to the moon?" He replied.

"No, I meant like, you and me and the rest of us?"

"Oh, well, that's an odd question, I don't see why not, but you do realize that most of the stars you're seeing right now are probably dead."

"No normal conversations with you, huh?"

"Guess not, come on, we're here, let's go get the food."

Entering the small diner, the pair was greeted by the owner himself.

Waving his chunky hand at them he asked: "Hey kids, what's the plan for tonight, you guys don't usually do take out?" 

"Oh, we're sort of having a picnic on the hills," Allison replied.

"Haven't seen anyone doing that in a while, but don't people usually have those during the day?"

"We're stargazing tonight," Mike said blandly while giving the money for the food.

"Well, you sure as hell won't be hungry then, made sure to put some extra sweet chilly sauce for Beau, tell the others I said hello!"

"Will do, Mr. Brooks, thank you." Allison smiled at him.

"You're very welcome, have a nice time, and don't do anything stupid, I'd hate to lose my best customers to a bear in the woods." he chuckled.

"Don't worry about it, we'll see you soon, goodbye!" Allison said.

"Bye, kids!" he said waving.

Passing by the small shops and buildings the pair quickly reached the town center where the rest of the group was waiting for them.