Daddy Simmons

"Baby, can you pass me the remote please?" I asked, I was reaching for it but my stomach was blocking my path. I was "close to popping" as Daniel put it.
"Sure thing." He said and he put it in my hand.
"Thanks baby." I noticed he was a little dressed for around the house lounging so I asked, "Where ya headed?"
He gave me a sad look.
"I, uh.. I have to run into the studio for a bit. Spin has some new ideas. I know you're gonna blow but I'll be back in an hour! Two tops!" He said frantically.
"It's okay. Just kiss me now before you go." I said in a sing-song tone when I heard what I said. Lana Del Rey's
"Summertime Sadness." Daniel sang along with a bright smile. He kissed me and ran out the door yelling, "I'll be right back!"

5 hours later

"I knew I shouldn't have let him go." I huffed angrily into the phone. I called Daniel 10 times and I got no response. I was starving and he was supposed to make me dinner!
"Sweetheart, you should call him." Y/BFF/n said.
"I've been doing that! I'll just yell at him later." I sighed. "I wish I wasn't pregnant so we could have amazing make up sex." Y/BFF/n was cracking up!
"Whatever y/n! Oh I gotta go, bye hun!"
"Bye!"
I put my phone in my pocket and looked around for a bit, as if someone would randomly appear with food.
"Guess I gotta get up." I complained aloud to myself. I tried to stand myself. It took my three tries but I did it. I grabbed some ice cream. Just then I heard my favorite tv show come on and I began hurriedly waddling back to my seat. I fell sweeping the corner to get there and I felt a sharp pain, along with the feeling of a rush of liquid run down my legs. I screamed so loud as I laid there in pain. I took my phone and tried the number one last time.
Daniel.

.....

"Hey y/n! I'm sorry baby I-"
"THE BABY IS COMING!! Get home now!!" The phone call dropped and I ran as fast as I could.
"The baby is coming!" I yelled to Spin. I swiped my coat and ran out the door. Once out, I ran to the car and sped to her.
"I knew I should've stayed home! Fuck!" I yelled at myself, banging on the steering wheel. It seemed every light I got was red.
"Y/n needs me!!" I hollered as if the lights would listen to me and change green.
I hit a few more lights and zoomed into the driveway.
"Y/n!!! Baby I'm here!!" I yelled into the house. She was on the floor, practicing her breathing. I smiled a little, rushing to her side.
"Baby, can you move?"
"No. No D, please... Please call that uhh," she breathed deeply. "Call the birth coach." I took my phone out and dialed her number.

"Hello?.. Yes ma'am, my wife is giving birth.. Yes her name is y/f/n and we live at 55 Locust Drive... Thank you so much." I hung up.
"Can you hold on for another 10 minutes?" I asked her. She looked at me like I was insane.
"So you wanna try to make it to the hospital?" She looked even more confused than the first time.
"Looks like I'm delivering a baby today." She smiled lightly at me, still doing the breathing technique.

"Daniel you'll need a towel and a wet rag for when we're done. My contractions are one minute apart so we're good there. Hopefully I'll be fine just pushing." She said. Thank god she asked so many damn questions at that midwife center.
"Ready?" I asked. She nodded and put her legs up.
"1, 2, 3!" She pushed with all her might, screaming her head off like a mad woman. We went like that for maybe 4 more pushes. I could see the head of the baby, but only his head was out.
"C'mon baby, gimme one good push and we'll have him outta here!" I swore she screamed so loud I went deaf. My ears rang and then everything fell silent. The baby was out and after a minute he started crying. A small tear shed from my eyes as I watched y/n smiling widely saying "my baby". She closed her eyes and rested as I cleaned up my newborn son, Daniel Dwayne Simmons IV.
"Hey little man. I think we'll call you DJ." I said to him, kissing his forehead. I rocked around with him for a bit and then I went to check on y/n.
"Baby? Babe you alright?" She nodded lightly.
"Now I think I'll need that hospital." She chuckled. Just then the midwife ran in and helped take y/n to the hospital for proper care. DJ and I went to the hospital with y/n til she got better.