⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ࿐ྂ

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

𝐄𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒 eased his leather satchel out from under his bed frame, holding his breath tight in his lungs despite himself. There was no way his mom could've heard him from all the way across their manor, but he didn't want to take any chances.

This had to go perfectly, or it wouldn't work. He'd lost too much time already to planning to mess this up. He was more than ready for the voyage he was going to take... all he had to do now was get out of the house.

Eden slid the bag over his shoulder, finally letting himself breathe. He smoothed his hands over his tunic and closed his eyes for a second.

It wouldn't be the first time he'd snuck out late at night... but it was definitely the first time it was for something like this. It was the first time he'd be gone for more than a couple of hours, and the first time something might be deeply different when he returned.

Eden checked his appearance in the oak lined mirror across from his bed. Same boyish body... same lean muscles he'd built from climbing the trees just past where their property ended and chasing the fae, but just lanky enough for it to hardly show. He'd always suspected his mirror had some kind of magic in it... it always made him look more flushed than he actually was, more bright and alive. His mother had given it to him on his thirteenth birthday, four years before. It must have cost her a fortune.

Eden puffed up his cheeks with air and drew his fingers through his curls, letting them tumble back into place on his forehead. He had to stop thinking about his mom... he felt bad enough already about leaving her without any warning... he just knew she'd worry even more if she knew where he was going.

Getting downstairs wasn't too difficult -- he knew every inch of his home like the back of his hand, and it was easy for him to navigate, even in the pitch darkness. He felt around, resisting the urge to slide down the banister like he preferred to during the day, carefully taking the steps down to the front hall.

His fingers were just brushing the cold metal handles to the front doors after snatching his heavy coat from it's hook when he heard a floorboard creak behind him, and his blood ran cold. He turned slowly, preparing to be faced with his mother's worried face, or perhaps one of the snitch-happy servants that he'd somehow awakened. He prepared his entire body for the crushing disappointment of failure.

When he saw who it was, he let out a sigh of relief, leaning against the door and allowing himself to relax.

Sam stared back at him, his deep green eyes inquisitive and unblinking. He was clutching a lantern in his hand, the candle inside very nearly burned down to the hilt.

"You aren't supposed to be in here," Eden breathed, rubbing his palm against his own forehead. "You could get in trouble."

"I know," Sam whispered back, his brow furrowed in contempt, his gaze flickering to Eden's bag. "Where are you going?"

Eden considered making a run for it... he was certainly faster than Sam, he could probably make it... but Sam had the key to the stables, and if he went and got one of the horses, Eden was done for. He knew he wouldn't go as far as to tell his mother, but he had no doubt he'd personally drag him back to bed if he saw it fit.

Eden assessed him. He was wearing a blue flannel button down and brown pants, as well as shoes that were completely laced up... he clearly hadn't been sleeping. He must have suspected Eden was up to something... maybe he hadn't been as opaque around him as he'd believed himself to be.

Eden sighed and pressed two fingers to his temple, looking up to meet Sam's curious eyes. He was once again reminded that Sam was taller than him, and his stomach twisted.

DIVINE | ORIGINAL On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara