Chapter 28: Please

————————————————

I sighed. I waited as Meredith finished getting ready. "Meredith. Hurry up! I'm starving." I called out.

"Coming!" She yelled running down the stairs.

We got outside and sat in the car. Driving to the Curtis house.

The house smelled like pancakes and eggs. "Hello everyone." Meredith said.

"Hey guys." Darry said.

I quietly sat down on the couch and watched the tv. I felt the couch sinking next to me. I looked over and saw Dallas. He slightly smiled. And I smiled back. I began getting thirsty. "I'm gonna get a drink. Can I get you anything?" I asked getting up.

"A beer would be good doll." He answered. I nodded and headed to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass of water. Darry stared at me.

"How are you holding up." He asked.

"Hmm?"

"Oh, soda told me about what happened with you and Steve. I asked why he wasn't coming by and he told me. How are you holding up?" He asked as he flipped some pancakes.

"I'm okay actually. I'm doing better now that days have passed. I was a mess in the beginning. But then I got used to it." I shrugged.

"It'll get easier" he assured. I smiled and walked to the living room. Handing Dally his beer.

We were talking when suddenly I saw Steve walk in through the door. I stopped talking. My face went blank. I could feel my heart beginning to race. I snapped out of it and stood up. He stared at me and before I could say anything, he walked out.

I stood there. Staring at him walking away. Except this time, I wasn't gonna let him get away. I ran down the stairs. "Steve! Wait!" I yelled. He began walking faster. "Steve! Stop running. You can't run away from me. We'll have to talk about this eventually-."

"We already talked. Elena. The way you treated me in there. Like I can't handle what your grandparents were saying-. It just- it- it made me feel like you didn't think I could handle it. Like you think I'm gonna break down. You are the only person who knows I don't like how I look. But you seem to treat that like a weakness. Like-. I don't know" he sighed. I looked down.

"Steve."

"Elena. That's all I wanted to say."

I sighed as we walked away.

At this point, I knew I had to do something. Something to prove to him that I love him. That I truly care about him. That I will always be there for him. And I knew exactly what I was gonna do.

I rushed to my house and sat on my bed and took out my notebook. Starting to brainstorm something I could do. I didn't want this to be ordinary. Steve is more than that. He deserves more.

I smiled at the final idea. It was cheesy yes. But who doesn't like a cheesy detail?

I began doing everything I needed. And sighed.

This better work.

Or else I don't know what I could do.
————————————————-