o. greed's misconception

( CIRCA 1981 )

( CIRCA 1981 )

───

THERE was once a child who succumbed in shadow.

The child was raised with unconditional love, yet with an absence of the truth, and was told a story that was tinged with the branches of fabrication and leaves of secrecy. So this child remained, hidden from the truth, and remained, with time's demise ticking by. Fate's story grappled to be told.

Though, as time wandered by, the child found herself a home in the aged stone that knew destiny as its brother. It taught her to be brave, courageous, chivalrous, and unafraid of toil. And so, it raised her, crafting a kind smile and a generous soul that was rarer than a man who had managed to possess an Invisibility Cloak. Others watched this child, some with admiration, while her elders, gifted with knowledge, stared with watchful eyes, observing the magnitude of this child.

Yet, other eyes took notice of the difference of this courageous soul.

Past, present, and future, watched, gifted with a name of Greed that was slathered with a bloodthirst ambition. It awaited for a promise of future potential and destructive ability, yet only failed conquests followed, defeated by loyalty. First in the form of a cowardly man, next in a disposition of a ghost. Each year, these wicked eyes returned, vying desperately in a pining for malicious intent. Greed advised his loyal servants to join him in his search, and they agreed, some with fear and others in agreement with his intentions.

However, the child continued to best Greed and all of his friends. She remained unaware of Greed's intentions and true knowledge, and her courageous soul merely grew in size. The branches of deception intertwined with others, and some leaves fell while new secrets appeared.

Some reminded themselves that these falsifications were for this child's safety in their attempts to stay afoot in a sea of guilt. They had watched the child return home in the summer weeks and acknowledged the brewing power that sat idly behind the viridescent eyes of the child. They would not stand in fate's way.

And fate had decided it had a game to play.

Fate wanted a challenge, to defy boundaries and test the limits of this child's strength. After all, it had heard the rumors of a girl with a head of fire and bravery streaming through her blood. It knew of her past triumphs over Greed's pursuit, and of what was to come with the uproar looming silently inside of her.

Fate was aware of the child's future measures, and it acknowledged what remained sealed in a hall positioned next to its twin. It guided a child out of the shadows who was prophesied to develop a strong soul and an indestructible determination to eradicate Greed's hastily arriving wrath. Although fate had believed itself to be a friend to the child, fate was prophesied as her foe.