Chapter Forty Four

Olivia carried a whole set of bags on her forearms while her hands moved through the air, her body angled so that Amelia who walked beside could see what she was telling her

"Why do we need so much vegetables, exactly?" Olivia questioned, slightly confused as Amelia's eyes continued to scan all over the street market and the stands covering the lot. Both of them already carried a multitude of bags containing all kinds of foods. There were onions and tomatoes and peppers, and also cherries and grapes, and many other things.

"Oh come on, I just want to find some Brussel Sprouts and then we can go." Amelia tried to pass it off as nothing, but Olivia still knew what Brussel Sprouts were a sign of. And she was more than ready to intervene. If she didn't, her father would ground her for life.

"Alright, you've lost control. Time to go." She signed simultaneously speaking the words, as she always did, her tone determined as she took hold of Amelia's arms and started to pull her towards the exit. If they brought Brussel Sprouts back home, Ted would kick them out right along with them (while keeping everything else for himself).

"Well how about some broccoli then? You love broccoli!" Amelia tried to win her case by bribing Olivia with something she knew would be hard to turn down, the debate in the young girl's mind almost instant.

"No! You're just trying to distract me!" While at first she was almost swayed, Olivia knew better than that in the end. Her pulling on Amelia's hand continued, relentless until she dragged her out through the exit of the market. And even then, she wasn't yet ready to fully let go of the elderly woman's hand.

"You and your father have no taste." Amelia grumbled, her complaints making Olivia send her an unimpressed look. So maybe she didn't like Brussel Sprouts just as much as her dad detested them, that did not mean they lacked taste.

"You can get them the next time you go to the markets alone." Olivia announced with a teasing smile, knowing perfectly well what that meant.

"But you always accompany me when you're home." Amelia pointed out obliviously, making Olivia let out a small laugh and while Amelia could not hear it, the look on the red head's face was enough of a clue. "Oh you little..."