chapter twenty

season one ; episode five { Midsummers }
chapter twenty

season one ; episode five { Midsummers }chapter twenty

MIDSUMMERS WAS NO PLACE FOR A POGUE. It was a place for the rich, for the Kooks and that is why Brooklyn had avoided going every single year. Kiara had invited her a couple of times but she usually stayed at home with her dad and John B. This time she was walking in with Sarah Cameron. If Kiara even knew, she would literally kill her but Brooklyn was trying to keep her mind off things after JJ yelled at her and told her that he didn't need her. She was worried about him as she walked besides Sarah, trying to keep it in but she just couldn't, she couldn't image what JJ's father would be doing to him and that scared her more than anything else in this world.

"You okay?" Sarah asked, seeing the girl fiddle around with her dress.

"Yeah, yeah. Just worried about JJ."

"He'll come around." Sarah reassured her by rubbing the her shoulder. Sarah pulled her into the kitchen of her house.

She looked around, mesmerised by the scenery. She had never seen such things. She had never laid eyes on something so incredibly beautiful. She had never even stepped foot in this house, only been in the garden for parties and other occasions but the house was incredible. Maybe being a Kook would be good.

"Brooklyn Routledge?" She and Sarah turned their heads to see Ward Cameron.

"Uh... hey, Mr. C." She smiled, turning completely to shake his hand. "I'm-."

"She's my date to Midsummers." Sarah interrupted, wrapping her arm around Brooklyn's.

"I thought you were going with Topper."

"I just... don't feel like Topper is my splinter bean." Brooklyn and Ward gave the blonde the same look of utter confusion but shockingly it made sense...

"I don't exactly know what that means, but it sounds to be like you should probably dump his ass, maybe, huh?" Sarah nodded. "Maybe just not tonight, though. Maybe you could, I don't know-."

"I just don't want to go with him."

"I know, I know. What if you just paste on a smile and you go, and we have a good time, all right? And deal with your love life mañana?" He suggested, his eyes glancing over at the brunette. "You still have Brooklyn, right? You girls have fun."

"Yeah. Come on, Sarah." Brooklyn grabbed her hand and dragged her along. 

It wasn't long before everyone started to walk out of their houses. Brooklyn walked out with her arm around Sarah's. She spotted Pope and Kiara not too far away and decided to it would be best to go and talk to them, see if they'd heard anything from JJ.