Chapter 16

ARIANNA...

Hunter was holding a beautiful moonstone ring in his hand.  I started nodding yes before I finally found my voice.

"I will…"

Everyone awed and clapped as Hunter placed the moonstone ring on my finger.  He scooped me up into his arms, and kissed me deeply, and everyone clapped harder.  He put me down, and yelled over the crowd.

"The new Luna of the Blue Moon Pack!"

Everyone cheered in unison.

"To the new Luna!"

Hunter pulled me into his arms, kissing me again.  I've never felt this kind of joy before.  I feel overwhelmed and overjoyed all at the same time.  I am glad that we were interrupted by the host.  

"Ladies and gentlemen!  Dinner is now ready to be served in the dining hall!"

We made our way to the dining hall and took our places at the table.  Since Hunter's pack is the biggest and most respected, he sat at the head of the table with me by his side.  As the waiters went around serving food, I stared at the beautiful ring on my finger.  I felt Hunter's breath on my neck, and he nibbled my ear, then kissed my mark, causing me to shiver with delight.

"I can't wait to marry you."

"Hunter...this is just so incredible.  Are we really engaged now?"

"You bet baby.  I love you so much."

"I love you too."

He kissed me and somehow we managed to get through dinner.  Honestly, I just wanted to go back upstairs to celebrate on our own.  We stayed longer to dance around the ballroom.  We received many congratulations, and also a few glares from unmated daughters who were hoping to find mates tonight. Eva and I are just so happy.  It's a little overwhelming, and I couldn't help the tears forming in my eyes.  I felt Hunter swipe at my tears.

"Why are you crying baby?"

"They're happy tears."

I buried my face in his chest and he held me close as we swayed to the music.  When the song ended, he pulled away slightly.

"Are you ready to go upstairs?"

"Very ready."

We bid our farewells for the night and rushed up to our room.  Once inside, Hunter relieved me of my clothes and laid me gently on the bed.  I watched him undress, and I drooled as I looked at his body.  The room was only lit by the fireplace behind him.  I watched as the shadows played along his muscular body.  His face partly hidden in shadows.

"Like what you see?"

"Very much."

He crawled across the bed to me and hovered over me.  My body was aching for him and he hasn't even touched me yet.  

"You know I can feel your want…."

"I can't help it.  I want you so bad."

"Use your words.  Tell me what you want."

His hands gently glided over my body.  I tried pressing myself to him, but he pulled away, teasing me.

"Hunter...please...please make love to me."

"As you want… my Luna."

Let me tell you….that was the best night ever.

I woke the next morning to kisses on my face.  I opened my eyes to see Hunter smiling down at me.

"It's time to get up.  I want to get some food in you before we leave. "

"Do I have to?"

"Yes you do.  I ordered room service.  I knew you'd sleep through the morning buffet."

I stretched and got up, kissing Hunter before I freshened up and joined him for breakfast.  An hour later, we were packing up, and flying back home to North Dakota.  I was still enjoying the high from last night.  Everything was perfect, and Hunter was so incredible.  I looked from the window on the plane over to my mate and fiance.  I just smiled as he sat in his seat and talked away on his phone while typing away at his laptop.  Who thought he could look so sexy at work.  He put down his phone and continued to type away.

"I can feel your arousal over there."

"I would hope so, because I'm very aroused."

"Come here baby."

I didn't hesitate to go to him and sit in his lap.  He kissed me sweetly on my lips and I curled up in his lap.

"Take a nap baby.  We'll be home in about an hour."

I closed my eyes and snuggled into his warmth before drifting off to sleep.  I woke up to the jolt of the plane landing.  Hunter had me securely in his arms.  15 minutes later, we were in the limo, on our way back home.  After another half hour, we pulled up at home, and a couple of the butlers ran out to take our luggage.  

"Hold up, Luna!"

I turned to Hunter, and he scooped me up into his arms.  I giggled as he held me bridal style.

"What are you doing?"

"Carrying my fiance over the threshold."

"I believe you're supposed to do that after we're married."

"Then call this a rehearsal."

I giggled as he carried me inside.  

"SURPRISE!!"

I jumped out of Hunter's arms.

"Mom!  Dad!  Marissa!  What are you doing here?"

"Your hunky Alpha invited us."

"I'm so happy you guys are here!"

I hugged my parents and Marissa, then turned to Hunter and jumped in his arms.

"Thank you Hunter.  This means the world to me."

"I will do anything for you."

"Ahem…"

"Sorry Mom."

"Don't mind us…."

"When did you get here?"

"This morning.  I gotta say...you spared us no expense.  The room is beautiful.  Thank you for having us."

"You're welcome here anytime you want."

That just made my heart soar.  Hunter has changed so much.  

"Well….your father and I are going to go shopping.  We'll be back in a few hours."

Marissa grabbed my hand and drug me away to her room.  Hunter laughed as I waved goodbye.  When I was in her guest room, and sitting across the bed from her, she started interrogating me.

"Spill!  I wanna know everything!"

I laughed, then filled her in.  She went through every facial expression imaginable, and in the end, she hugged me and we both cried together.

"I love you.  You are my sister and my best friend.  I am just so glad Hunter finally came around and is treating you like the queen you deserve."

"Me too, and you know that you're going to me my maid of honor."

"I better be!"

We both laughed and decided to vegetate in front of the TV downstairs.