01: missed calls

!! this story includes mentions of suicide and mental health issues like depression and panic disorder.
please don't read if you feel uncomfortable !!

🥀

1-800-273-8255

I've been on the low, I been taking my time
I feel like I'm out of my mind
It feel like my life ain't mine
I've been on the low, I been taking my time
I feel like I'm out of my mind
It feel like my life ain't mine

Donghyuck was walking on a bridge, eyes blurry from tears.
A single tear fell down his cheek slowly, leaving a wet path on his beautiful honey skin.
He took his phone on his hands and unlocked it.

15 missed calls from Jaehyun
9+ unread messages from "neo gayz"
7 missed calls from NaNa
5 unread messages from Jeno, Renjun + 2 others

Donghyuck put the phone back in his pocket and walked towards the railing of the bridge.
He grabbed the railing and felt the cold metal on his skin.
He looked down.
The wind was driving the dark flowing water forward.
The wind was strong that night and Donghyuck could hear and feel it blowing past him with power.

He watched the waves for a moment, thinking how would it feel like to let your body fall and crash into the storming waves.
A glowing tear full of pure sadness fell into the river.

He heard a familiar ringtone from his pocket and saw the name of his older brother flash on the screen.

📞Jaehyun is calling...
[accept]                decline

"Lee Donghyuck please tell me where are you, everyone's worried" Jaehyun cried as soon as his brother finally picked up the call.

"I'm fine Jaehyun please don't worry" Donghyuck said, holding back tears. "I just wanted to take a walk"

"You've been on a walk for good 5 hours, god it's 3 am Donghyuck" Jaehyun said with a sad and tired tone.

Donghyuck felt guilty because his 22 years old brother who goes to work had been staying up all night desperately trying to find his 19 years old little brother.
Now if you're asking, were Donghyuck's parents ever worried? No. Their parents were never supportive towards their children. They always somehow created a negative atmosphere where no one felt safe. Luckily a few years ago they moved far away after they both got a job from the other side of the country, so it was only the two siblings living together now.

Donghyuck's brother was protective and always at least tried to keep an eye on him. Jaehyun became easily worried after Donghyuck was diagnosed with depression and panic disorder. That's also when Jaehyun first sent him to a therapist.
One of his biggest fears was that some night his little brother wouldn't pick up any of his calls and never come back home.

🌻

It's 4:00 am on a Saturday night.. or morning.
Donghyuck was walking home in the light night rain. His black vans shoes were wet and raindrops were falling to the ground from his brown hair. The air was fresh and felt cleaned in the rain, which calmed the boy.

Suddenly Donghyuck heard running footsteps coming towards him. The water was splashing under the runner's shoes. He lift his head up to see a figure already pretty close to him. He wiped the tears from his eyes and was met with a worried look on a light blue haired boy's face.

"Jaemin?"

Jaemin didn't respond but hugged Donghyuck tightly. They stood there for a while, not letting go of the warmth they received from each other on this cold morning.

"Please pick up your calls, I'm going to lose my mind" Jaemin mumbled, hiding his face on Donghyuck's neck.

"I'm sorry" Donghyuck whispered. "But what are you doing here, it's 4am?"

"I was looking for you dumbass, I was about to head to that one bridge you like"

Donghyuck felt the guilt hit him again. His friend had been looking for him in the cold rain.
Donghyuck was grateful that all of his friends cared about him and always worried for him, but moments like these hurt him. He didn't want to ruin someone else's night just because he was doing something stupid.
But he couldn't help it. He couldn't control his mind even if he wanted to. He was depressed and he couldn't do anything about it.

After Jaemin asked a ton of questions making sure his friend was okay, he walked Donghyuck home to his and his brother's apartment.
When they reached their destination Jaehyun was already waiting for his brother outside the door. Jaemin had texted Jaehyun and told him that the brown haired boy was okay.
Jaemin decided to stay at their apartment for the rest of the morning. The two boys were asleep as soon as they reached Donghyuck's bed.

🌻

Hehe I'm sorry this chapter is so short but I'm updating vvery soon!!
Also I want to say sorry if you find any grammar mistakes etc from my book, English is not my first language!! <3
More people appearing soon👀