Chapter Fifteen: Triple?!

CHAPTER 15:

"I can be here if I want. You, on the other hand, should be in bed! Inside the hospital! How did you even get out here?!" He ranted.
I rolled my eyes. "Spare me the lecture, Levi. I needed to get out. I was unconscious for two weeks, and they wouldn't let me anywhere but the hallway for another week". I snapped, exasperated.

He rolled his eyes as I returned my attention to the trees. I heard a soft grunt as he sat beside me. Glancing at him from the corner of my eye, I noticed he looked upset. I scrunched my eyebrows up, wondering why he'd be upset.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly.

He remained silent, avoiding my gaze. He hung his head down, his hands clasped together in front of him. I could barely make out his features in the dim moonlight. His hair was tousled, falling into his face, creating somewhat of a curtain. I watched him intently, trying to read him, but with the lighting and my weak condition, I couldn't seem to.

"I... I've been thinking". He said quietly.

My curiosity was eating away at me, but I didn't want to push him. He needed time.

"I was looking back at... At us, and I realized that I was a complete jerk. I wasn't the best boyfriend, I know that now. But when I... When I cheated on you,". He paused, his head still hung low. He sniffled. "I didn't acknowledge your feelings. I-I just did it, not thinking. Sure, I was a little buzzed, but I still had control over what I did and didn't do".

He looked so torn right now. I was leaning forward, listening intently to every word he had to say. He's obviously had this on his chest for some time, and if he needed to tell me whatever he's been thinking, thn I will listen.

"I guess that I was so caught up in the moment that I wasn't thinking. I sure as hell wasn't paying attention to who I was screwing". That last line made me cringe. "I had this sense that what I was doing was bad, but for some reason I couldn't stop myself. Not even when I discovered that I was sleeping with your best friend". He scoffed.

He seemed so angry at himself. So very disappointed that he'd done something so disrespectful. It was a sad sight, seeing him torture himself like this. He didn't deserve to be like this. Sure he broke my heart, but he was my first love. Of course it wasn't gonna last. They never do.

"Levi..." I trailed off, my voice sympathetic as I placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Don't. Don't do that". He warned, taking me by surprise. "I don't want your sympathy. I didn't tell you all this for you to feel bad. I told you this to tell you how bad I feel and how it's my fault that you..." He trailed off.
"Levi. That wasn't your fault. I became Jordyn because I wanted to. Sure, you had a part in why I became who I became and why I acted the way I acted, but it wasn't entirely your fault. A lot of it had to do with how my life was. I mean, living in a treehouse at the neighbourhood park because your parents killed themselves is pretty bad. So that probably had a part in it too". I said casually, trying to lighten the mood by changing my tone.

He shot me a playful glare and I smiled. I threw my arm around his shoulder and pulled him close, both of us smiling as I hugged him, burying my face in his hair. A pain shot through my body and I flinched backwards. I gripped my hands around my stomach and hunched over.

"Dart?" Levi's voice spoke. "Dart?!" He shouted, but it was muffled.

My heart was pounding at an abnormally fast rate, thumping in my ears, blocking out any other sounds. My mouth was open as I struggled for air. I didn't know what was happening, but I now knew why they wouldn't let me outside the hospital. They didn't tell me something, and I would surely let them hear what I have to say as soon as I can.