Real Life.

Things had been silent over the past week. Sebastian was recovering at home with a few broken bones and a few new cuts. Chris had been back and forth with his manager about getting out of his new movie role due to family issues. Andy was back walking and breathing without problems. And then Harlow...
Harlow was losing sleep. She was barely eating worried about what her father was going to do to her. The lies she had been told over the years. The truth that she may never know exactly why her mother lied to her about this man.
Harlow sits back in her chair at her desk as she flicks the paper ball across the room.
Becca walks into the room watching the ball, "Wow, I have never known you to just sit around."
Harlow looks back at her, "Please don't get me started. It's early."
"I wanted to come by and check on you. How are you doing Harlow?"
"I am sitting here confused and lost Becca. My best friend is scrambling to keep her kids safe and to protect her baby daddy. And then apparently my own father is coming after me."
"Have you thought about calling your mother?"
Harlow just looks up at her.
"I mean, have you?"
"No, and her facility told me that she is in lock down because she tried biting one of the nurses."
"So? That never stopped you before."
Harlow glares back at her.
"Just go talk to her." Becca looks down at her phone as it goes off.
"Are you late for something?" Harlow asks her.
"I am, I have a date."
"You what? Seriously right now, you are going on a freaking date?"
"I have a date with a man you may want to come with." Becca looks back at her.
Harlow narrows her eyes confused.

Across town at the Baxter Hotel, Becca fixes her dress as she gets out of the town car. She checks her lip stick once more before walking into the lobby of the grand hotel.
Becca glides across the floor heading for the side restaurant that she had reservations for. She gives the hostess a sly smile as she heads for her normal booth in the back of the restaurant.
She slides across the booth on her typical side as she waits.
She waits for him.
An hour goes by when someone finally sits down across from her.
Becca glances up from her phone.
"You look gorgeous tonight." Kal leans back into his seat watching her. "You got a new haircut."
Becca plays with the end of her hair, she did.
Kal smiles watching her, "You were always so innocent looking."
Becca looks down blushing.
Kal leans over grabbing her hand, "Why didn't you call me sooner?"
"I was scared to call you. They have me on lockdown." Becca blurts out to him.
"Why are you trusting them?" He looks back at her.
"They say they can protect me."
"Victoria is still missing Becca. They have no control over this."
Becca nods as her eyes start to fill.
"Baby, no, no, don't cry. You will get your face all puffy." He wipes her cheeks fast. "I am here to protect you. I am here to protect you love."
Becca rubs the back of his hand with her thumb, "Where have you been?"
Kal glances around at the people around the restaurant.
"Kal?"
"I have been trying to hide."
"Been trying?"
"I am having some trouble getting into places that I use to do things in."
"Kal, you can't think that burning bridges will save you now."
He glares at her.
"I am just saying. You don't think those past troubles are going to save you now. People are worried about what is coming. And honestly I don't even know what is coming."
Kal looks down at the wine infront of them.
"Kal, what aren't you telling me? You said you will protect me, so please baby please..."
Kal squeezes her hand, "They did something bad."
"Who?"
"They did something bad and now we are paying for it."
"Kal, stop talking in code and talk to me."
"Brooklyn and Harlow. They did something bad."
Becca narrows her eyes, "Like what?"
"They wanted their fathers killed. They are the ones that placed the hits on Charles and Montgomery. They both tried to solve their own problems. But it didn't work. None of it worked. It went south so bad that Harlow's mother went insane."
"Her mother went insane? I thought her mother was dead...."
"No, Athena is in a mental asylum because she tried to kill herself numerous times. Harlow thought that was the best for her to place her mother into a padded room."
Becca leans back to wipe her face, "Kal, that is sad. That is really sad."
"And just think, Harlow plays the victim. She plays everyone making them think she doesn't know. She doesn't about this world. Please, she helped plan his death. She is the brains Becca. Watch their motions, Brooke doesn't jump until Harlow tells her how high. Harlow runs this show."
Becca's bottom lip shakes, "Am I safe with them?"
"As long as you are with them."
"Kal, I cant stay with them. I cant when they are...they are lying to me."
Kal leans over the table to her, "Then get your bag and get over to my apartment."
Becca leans back toward him taking his hands, "I will be there later tonight."
Kal brings her hands up to his lips, "I will protect my love. I will protect you."
Becca softly smiles at him, "I love you too."
"I will always love you." Kal pulls her a little as he kisses her on her lips.
Becca kisses him back leaning into the kiss to deepen it.

At the loft, I look over at Harlow hearing the conversation between Kal and Becca.
"Do not look at me like that." Harlow snorts back at me.
"We have a bigger problem."
Harlow glances back toward Sebastian as he chases Easton around the bottom floor.
"Harlow, if she trusts him..."
"Please don't finish that thought." Harlow mumbles looking back at me.
I nod my head leaning back as the conversation cuts off.