2/3 - day 38/39

Overall of chapter 1 -

Daryl: Cut a hole in that fence over there by the guard tower. Andrew: That easy, huh? Daryl: Where there's a will, there's a way. Andrew: Easy for you to say. Big Tiny pokes one of the bodies with a stick. Big Tiny: So what is this like a disease? Rick: Yeah, but we're all infected. Axel: What do you mean, infected? Like AIDS or something? Daryl: If I was to kill you, shoot an arrow in your chest, you come back as one of these things. It's gonna happen to all of us. Thomas: Ain't no way this Robin hood cast's responsible for killing all these freaks. Andrew: Must be fifty bodies out here. Thomas: Where do you come from? Rick: Atlanta. Thomas: Where you headed? Rick: For now, nowhere. Thomas: I guess you could take that area down there near the water. Should be comfortable. Rick: We're using that field for crops. Thomas: We'll help you move your gear out. Rick: That won't be necessary. We took out these walkers, this prison is ours. Thomas: Slow down, cowboy. Andrew: You snatched the locks off our doors. Rick: We'll give you new locks, if that's how you want it. Thomas: This is our prison. We were here first. Rick: Locked in the broom closet? We took it, set you free, it's ours, we spilled blood. Thomas: We're moving back into our cell block. Rick: You'll have to get your own. Thomas: It is mine. I've still got personal artifacts in there, that's about as mine as it gets! Thomas pulls his gun out, Daryl threatens him with his crossbow.

Axel: Whoa, whoa, whoa, maybe let's try to make this work out so everybody wins! Thomas: I don't see that happening. Rick: Neither do I. Thomas: I ain't coming back into that cafeteria for one minute. Axel: There are other cell blocks. Daryl: You could leave. Try your luck out on the road. Thomas: If these three pussies can do all this, the least we can do is take out another cell block. Big Tiny: With what? Thomas: Atlanta here will spot us some real weapons. Won't you boss? Rick: How stocked is that cafeteria? Must have plenty of food, five guys lasting almost a year? Daryl: It sure as hell don't look like anybody's been starving. Thomas: There's only a little left. Rick: We'll take half. In exchange, we'll help clear out a cell block. Andrew: Didn't you hear him? There's only a little left! Rick: Bet you've got more food than you've got choices. You pay, we'll play. We'll clear out a block for you, then you keep to it. Thomas: Alright. Rick: Well, let's be clear. If we see you out here, anywhere near our people, if I so much as even catch a whiff of your scent, I will kill you. Thomas: Deal. In one of the cells Lori and Carol are still trying to save Hershel, but the bleeding continues. Lori: It has to stop eventually right? It slowed down quite a bit already. Carol: If we can get him through this... Lori: When we get him through this. Carol: We'll need crutches. Lori: Right now, we could use some antibiotics. Pain killers, some sterile gauze. There's gotta be an infirmary here. Carol: If there's one, we'll find it. You gotta be worried sick about delivering the baby. Lori: Look at me. I look worried? Carol: You look disgusting. They laugh. Lori: So do you. (she looks at Hershel) We'll get through this.

In the cafeteria Thomas leads Rick and his group to the cafeteria to check out how much food is left. Thomas: Pantry's back here! T-Dog: You never tried to break out of here? Oscar: We tried to take the doors off. But if you make one peep in here, then those freaks will be lined up outside the door growling, trying to get in. Windows got bars on them that he-man couldn't get through. Axel: Bigger than a 5*8. Big Tiny: You won't find me complaining. Doing fifteen. My left leg can barely fit on one of those bunks. Oscar: Yeah, they don't call him Big Tiny for nothing. Thomas: You're done jerking each other off? I'm getting sick of waiting back here. They go where the food is kept, there's still a lot. Daryl: That's what you call a little bit of food? Thomas: Goes fast. Daryl: Mm-hmm. Thomas: You can have a bag of corn, some tuna fish. Rick: We said half. That's the deal. (he shows a door) What's in there? Big Tiny: Don't open that. Rick opens the door, and the smell in the room is so bad he almost vomits. Thomas and his group laugh. Thomas: You wanted to know! Axel: Can't wait for my own pot to piss in. In the cell block C Maggie gets out of the cell where Hershel is, and goes hug Glenn. Maggie: It was stupid of us to let him go. We cleared this whole cell block, just the five of us. Glenn: Could have happened to anyone. Maggie: What are we gonna do without him? Glenn stops hugging Maggie to look at her. Glenn: Hey, stop it. Alright, stop it. He's still here. Maggie: What if he does wake up? Then what? I mean, he can't even walk... All we do is run. Glenn: Hey. This won't break him. He's got you, and Beth. Maggie: Am I the only person living in reality here? Glenn: We've been through so much already. Maggie: You're expecting it too. Glenn: I'm not expecting, alright? I'm just preparing. Why don't you go check on Beth? Go on, I'll watch him. Maggie leaves. In Beth and Hershel's cell block Beth is cutting Hershel's pants. Maggie: What you doing? Beth: He's gonna have a hard time walking around with one side of his pants dragging on the ground. You know, he could trip or something. Maggie: There's a good chance he won't wake up. Beth: Why are you so eager to give up on him? Maggie: I'm not giving up on him. Beth: Sure sounds like it! Maggie: I don't want you to get your hopes too high. We're not equipped to deal with something like this. Beth: We have Carol. Maggie: She's not a doctor. Dad taught her a few things to help with the baby. Beth: She stopped the bleeding. (showing the pants) These will do just fine. Cell Block T-Dog and Rick arrive with some food, Carl opens the door for them. T-Dog: Food's here! Carl: What you got? T-Dog: Canned beef, canned corn, canned cans! There's a lot more where this came from! In one of the cells Rick: (to Lori, about Hershel) Any change? Lori: Bleeding is under control and no fever, but his breath is labored, his pulse is way down and he hasn't opened his eyes yet. Rick: Take my cuffs, put them on him. I'm not taking any chances. Glenn reluctantly takes Rick's cuffs. Cell Block Rick and Lori get out of the cell while T-Dog and Carl carry the food in one of the cells. Lori: So what about the prisoners? Rick: We're gonna help them clear out their own cell block and then they'll be there, and we'll be here. Lori: Living beside each other. Rick: I'm not giving up this prison. Lori: Do they have guns? Rick: Only saw one. I don't know if it's gonna work... Lori: Well, what are your options? Rick: Kill 'em. Lori: If that's what you think is best. Rick: (laughs nervously) You say this now but... Lori: Look, I know that I'm a shitty wife, and I'm not winning any "mother of the year" awards, but I need you to know that not for one second do I think there's malice in your heart. You're not a killer, and I know that. I know that so... so do whatever you gotta do to keep this group safe, and do it with a clear conscience.