Chapter 5 ~ On The Edge

Skylar's P.O.V

I'm still reeling from that mind-blowing kiss I received yesterday. Even though it wasn't my first, it made me want to forget every other guy in the world.

I swear I can still feel his lips pressed against mine, his hand gripping my ass whilst the other cradles my face. It was the perfect kiss, and it was from Jack.

Of all the people in the world, it was Jack.

I thought he hated me, I thought the mere sight of my face made him want to vomit but now, now I don't know what to think.

My mind is a broken place and to add Jack and his amazing kiss just tears it apart. I don't know what to think anymore. My life plan has always been so clear. Graduate and then leave.

Leave my past behind but I'm slowly being sucked back in.

I can't be their mate or the pack's Luna. I can't live here for the rest of my life and I sure as hell don't know how I'm supposed to face Jack at school today.

Has he broken up with Bethany? Is he waiting for me by my locker, a bunch of roses in hand?

No, stop it Skylar. Don't be an idiot, it was just a kiss. Just a kiss. I'm sure he's probably forgotten all about it by now anyways.

I walk over to my closet and pull out a pair of leggings and a jumper. The epitome of comfort. Wait, no. I put them back and instead grab a fitted white crop top and a pair of black ripped jeans.

This is not for him. This is simply because I want a change for once.

I put on my clothes and then comb through my hair, before grabbing the upper half and twisting it into a messing bun. I pull out a few strands of my blonde hair and strategically place them perfectly so they frame my face, whilst still looking completely natural.

I've got plenty of time before I have to get ready for school, so I grab my curling wand and switch it on. Carefully, I curl the ends of my hair and then brush through them. I spray some hairspray all over the style and then let it sit for a minute or two.

I apply a thick layer of mascara and some lipgloss, and then put in some small gold hoops. I take a minute or two to admire myself in the mirror, something I rarely do, but today I just want to look pretty, beautiful even.

I pad downstairs and pull out some left over fruit salad and just eat it out of the container with a fork, as I sit down in-front of the tv and switch on Gilmore Girls.

Time flies fast and before I know it, I'm chucking the container and fork into the sink, with the promise of washing it up later, and running to school.

I make it there, sweaty and out of breath, but fortunately the sweat gives me a little shine and I still smell like Victoria Secret's Love Addict perfume, so that's great.

Like usual, Will is by my locker, pretending to text some girl when he's really playing angry birds on his phone like a dork. I push him playfully, earning his full attention, as he tucks his phone safely back into his pocket.

"So, how was your first experience on the dark side?" I rolled my eyes and slammed my locker shut.

"Woah forget that question, what the hell are you wearing?" He gapes, his eyes raking me up and down.

"A top and jeans." I muttered, feeling completely naked right now, despite wearing more clothes than most of the girls walking around right now.

"A top, you call that a top?" He spat in disgust, instantly making me cower in fear. Will's never spoken to me like this. Noticing my discomfort, he sighs and brings me in for a hug.