Chapter 10

Sorry... Please don't hate me for this...

Warning: death, gore, light torture, and murder

You never know what you lost before it was taken before your eyes. That's what Oz had to learn that day when they traveled unknowingly into enemy territory in their midpoint of the trip. Excited for the nearing end of their trip, the group wasn't paying attention to what exactly they were going to be faced when they traveled through the nature run neighborhood right outside the city. Spread out in two different groups of four, they were vulnerable for attack. Though, they needed supplies, namely ammo, very terribly. 

With the sun beating down on them, Blair, Mini, Flinders, and Oz all were checking houses. Blair and Mini checking the left, Oz and Flinders checking the right. It was a pretty good method, until a group of three tall muscular men appeared from a house right next to the one Blair was just going through that Mini was already in.

There was shouting from the men, and one shot her in the leg, making her immobile from the spot in front of the door. She went to reach for a gun of her own only to get her hand shot at by the same men. Now down a hand and a leg, Blair was near to helpless in this situation. She tried to grab her knife with her left hand, but that one got shot also.

For Oz in this situation, he was frozen and curled up in the corner of the house that he and Flinders was checking. Flinders was as shocked, if not even more shocked than Oz was. Motionless and with pure terror on their faces, all their bodies would do was let them watch.

Mini was terrified in the other house as he watched this unfold. The worst part about it, if he tried to do anything, they could kill him and everyone else. Then there would be no anything, they would all be dead before they could even get to the Capital. Tears fell down his face as he silently cried.

"Now what will we do with this trespasser?" The man in the middle asked, a menacing smile creeping onto his face. "Beat her until she is close to death. That will show what happens to people who trespass on our territory. Hold her against the wall." 

The two did so, Blair twisting and turning, trying desperately to get out of their grip. They were too strong. The lead man got up close to her, only to be donkey kicked in the dick by Blair. "A feisty one huh." The man pulled out a bat with metal spikes around the sides, blood dried onto it. "I do love me a challenge." He had a deranged psychopathic look in his eyes. "Do you have any friends with you?" He asked grabbing her chin to force her to look up at him. She spat in his face, she wasn't going to say anything. "It's too bad you're going to die, such a pretty face." He growled, hitting her in the side with the bat, digging the blades into her skin.

"You are fucking disgusting." She said through clenched teeth, bringing her good leg up, kicking him in the face, causing his nose to bleed by the wrath of her boot. He was breathing heavily now, a vein popping out of his forehead. He swung his bat hard at her leg with a crack her leg was now broken. Now she was truly powerless against the three, with no use of her arms or legs.  She tried to escape from the people holding her up against the wall, but it was no use. She was going to die by the hands of these assholes, what a shitty way to go out. With every swing of the bat against her body, she kept a straight face, not allowing them to see her in pain. That's what they wanted. Even when the man was making very creepy and sexual comments, she kept her cool. She wasn't going to scream or cry for help, she just stayed there, taking the abuse knowing far too well Oz was going to end up killing these idiots in the end.

With every swing of the bat against her body, Oz flinched tears falling down his face. His body was numb and felt like jello, he still couldn't move. It felt like he was on spectator mode. Where were the rest of the group, did they too have a run in with these dicks?

The men stared at Blair laughing manically as she sat in her own pool of blood staring at the men. She would see it to the end, watch these men die before her eyes as it would be a long minute before she was going to die. With cuts and bruises all over her body, she didn't allow herself to think that these men would just get away with this. 

Oz finally came to his senses, he was enraged. An urge to kill the people who killed his best friend. He pulled out his sniper rifle and killed the two men next to the lead guy. Next he shot the guy in the knees. He was killing the man personally. 

Then the two men that were holding her up dropped dead on the ground as two shots rang out. The third man dropping to his knees as both of his knee caps were taken out. Blair tore the man's bag away from him, he didn't have any weapons to fall back on. She sat there only being able to breath shallowly, she was loosing a lot of blood. She watched as Oz ran out of the house, a dangerous look on his face. She guessed he was getting revenge up close and personal.

"Oz wait." Flinders got to his feet but Oz was already out the door, his knife in hand. 

Oz was going to make the guy feel every single second of pain that Blair had to face. He kicked the gun away from the man and loomed over him a really fucking dark grin on his face. "You chose this." He said making a long cut across the man's face marking the spot where he had his scar. He slowly made slits on the man's limbs, long and deep hearing as he tried to not show Oz the satisfaction of screaming in pain. He stabbed the guy's stomach, twisting his knife in the wound. Blood spurted out of his mouth as he made a gurgling cry as he choked on his own blood. "Now you and your buddies know, you are not fucking messing with us ever again. Got it?" He dug the knife deeper into the wound as the man frantically nodded. "Good." He pulled the knife out of the man, who went slack, dying in a pool of his own blood. 

He turned to Blair, who was now lifeless on the ground. Blood still dripping out of her open wounds. He dropped his knife and held her close to him, tears pouring down his face. "Blair, please wake up." He shook her, as if she were just asleep. "Blair." He yelled into the void, mourning. "This isn't funny Blair, you can't be dead." He sobbed over her lifeless body. He knew things were too good to be true. Things were too happy to continue this way. 

Blair weakly opened her eyes, she was nearly dead. "Please take care of everyone for me Oz." She whispered before fully dying, using her last breath to put him in charge. Oz hugged her for the last time, he just couldn't see her like this anymore. He stood up shakily, Mini running to him and hugging him tightly, sobbing into his bloody shirt.

With a shaky breath Oz answered Blair's wishes. "I will." He wrapped his arms around Flinders and Mini as they all mourned the loss of their best friend.

Soon they saw two horses galloping towards them, the rest of the group was far too late for what had occurred. Wonder was the first to get off, running to Blair. "She's fucking dead." He told the rest that started getting off the horses hot tears rolling down his face. They all sat around her sobbing over her lifeless body, it shouldn't have happened. It wouldn't ever happen. Oz was going to make sure of it.

sorry again...

Also, I might might not be able to do this daily this week. Band camp.