chapter twenty-four

season one ; episode six { Parcel 9 }
chapter twenty-four

season one ; episode six { Parcel 9 }chapter twenty-four

THE POGUES STOOD OUTSIDE the Crain House. Out all the scary places in Outer Banks, this place had to be at the top of the list. While Brooklyn was growing up, she would sometimes pass the Crain house but her and John B would run away whenever she came out the house. When she was fourteen, she got high with JJ and the two ended up crashing outside her house for the night and woke up to her holding an axe in their faces. Of course, they ran as far away as possible and never returned.

"Look, you guys know whose house this is, right?" Kiara asked, pushing through a couple of bushes.

"Oh, yeah. No, me and Brooke certainly do." JJ smirked down at the brunette who was pushing her way through the bramble.

"Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place."

"Which stories did you hear?" JJ asked Kiara.

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since. On certain nights, when the moon is full... you can see her in the window!" Kiara spookily waved her hands around in front of JJ and Brooklyn face's.

"No, Kie, it's not funny, 'cause it's all true. I swear to God, guys, this is all real. I knew Hollis. Jeez!" JJ jumped upon seeing the statue besides him.

"Wait, you knew Hollis Crain?" Pope asked.

"Yeah, dude."

"Dude, how do you know Hollis Crain?"

"She was my babysitter, man. She told me all about it. Told me the truth... about her mother and what happened in this house." He said in a spooky voice, clearly trying to scare everyone but he was being full on serious. "So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father, and... she was a murderer and all. Hollis didn't believe it. Until that night."

"What night?" Brooklyn asked.

"It all came back to her." JJ turned to the statue in the garden. "When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink... full of blood." He stepped closer to the brunette who slowly backed away. "Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her father and her split up. But then, Hollis noticed something. Her mother going into the parlor constantly, in and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass, and Hollis decides to use the outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down, and there, in the outhouse, is her father's head, looking straight back at her." Brooklyn gulped, actually feeling somewhat scared.