Chapter 03: sagot ba sa problema ang suicide?

Chapter III 

Third Person's Point of View.

Ma'am Rara was busy organizing dozens of paper works on her table when Sandra arrive clutching her backpack. Huminto siya sa tapat ng mesa nito at binati ang guro. Their teacher smiled upon recognizing her student.

"Oh, Sandra is it okay for you if we take a stroll around the campus?" Her demeanor is somewhat different from what she saw in their classroom. She was always strict and a type of person who will stick on her own rules but right now she is friendly and asking her for a walk?

That would be a waste of time, she told herself.

But then again, a department is not a perfect place for them to talk for whatever it is. But Sandra was sure it was about her attitude in the classroom.

She remembered Henrey's comment awhile ago. She was proud of herself for stopping herself from punching or perhaps ripping her classmate's tongue so that he couldn't speak again.

She silently nodded her head and ma'am Rara smiled in amusement. She looks more friendly when she was smiling.

They took the way to the covered court, opposite to the direction of their classroom. They keep the same pace. Group of students swarmed in their direction and Sandra forced herself to not care about it. They reek the smell of cheap perfumes and baby powders.

"Sandra, may bumabagabag ba sa iyo?" malamlam lamang ang boses ni ma'am Rara nang liningon niya si Sandra.

Napiling-iling ang kaniyang kausap at lumingon din sa teacher. Naiisip niya kung mago-open up siya rito, bibigyan sita ng mga advices ng kanilang guro at ang nga simpleng salitang iyon ay hindi naman makakatulong.

"Are we supposed to walk in this busy corridor, ma'am?" she gave emphasis to the last word. She then took a deep breath and looked away.

"Ayaw mo bang gawaran ng award o makaakyat lang ng stage ngayong graduation?"

Napakunot ang noo ni Sandra at panakaw na lumingon sa teacher nila. She doesn't understand what she was supposed to mean. And if she cares, why would she be? Pwera na lang kung may kailangan siya kay Sandra.

"Kailangan pa po ba iyon?" mahinang anas ni Sandra.

Gulat na lumingon ang kanilang guro. Then all of a sudden, her expressions softened and took a sigh. "I understand what you've been through but of course achievements are also part of your high school life." Ma'am Rara wanted to emphasize the happiness in graduation; the things you won't forget. Passing grade is part of it so as awards.

Their teacher also knew her students potential and she wanted to help them step out of their comfort zones.

"High school? As far as I know, I still have 2 years of suffering high school." She took out two of her fingers and emphasizes the last words for her teacher to get it. "Senior high school."

Sandra didn't like her teacher's reaction when she tried to explain it once again. Of course, she understand what she was talking about but she wanted to shut her up by responding it in a sarcastic way.

NANG makarating sila sa covered court ay dumiretso si Ma'am Rara sa maliit na stall na nasa gilid nito. Nakabuntot naman si Sandra sa kaniya. Hindi makapaniwala ang dalaga na may lakas pa talagang mag-snack ang guro nila sa git a ng pag-uusap nila.

Unti-unti na ring napapalitan ang mga studyanteng nag-i-istand by sa court. May ibang mga studyante namang nakasuot ng PE uniform ang nagsimulang magsi alisan.

Nag-order lamang ang kaniyang guro ng burger para sa kanilang dalawa ni Sandra, tantiya niya ay sikat sa mga teenagers ang burgers lalong-lalo na kung patty ang palaman nito.