Chapter 19

🍑 Savannah's POV 🍑
I couldn't believe the tenderness Jax was showing me as he took a wash cloth and dampened it with warm water and started to remove my make up. I had never been treated with such tenderness in all my life. Having him standing in front of me, removing my tear streaked makeup and raccoon eyes, I fell deeper in love with him. At the rate I was going, I would so far head over heels for him that I wouldn't know which way to turn. But what shocked me the most was that I wasn't scared about it. I wasn't scared to love him or have him love me. I wasn't scared to become attached to his kids or his friends.

When Jax was done removing my makeup, he kissed each eye and said "no more tears baby. I got you."

And how was I not supposed to cry at those words? I felt the tears welling up in my eyes but before they could spill, Jax gripped the back of my head and placed a searing kiss on my lips. His tongue coaxed my mouth open, tangling with my tongue until I wasn't thinking about all those sad thoughts anymore. No, all I could think about at the moment was how I'd like to make use of the end I'd seen in the dorm room. But that was short lived because just as Jax had lifted me, no doubt about to take me to bed, there was a knock at the door. Placing me down on my feet and tucking me behind him, he yelled for whoever was on the other side of the door to come in.

"Sorry to interrupt brother but Lyla is out here looking for you."

Why did I know the name Lyla I thought to myself.

"Can it wait? I'm kinda in the middle of something here Tig."

"She acted like it was important."

"Okay, tell her I'll be there in a minute."

Tig closed the door as he left the room. After my interaction with him this morning, I wasn't sure how I felt about him yet. I get that he ass being protective of the club and Jax and all that but at the same time, he came off as a total dick.

"Who's Lyla?" I asked.

"She's thr one I was telling you about that lives at Charming Heights. She was married to my best friend."

"Oh ok."

"Is that some jealousy I sense babe?"

"No." I said rolling my eyes. It wasn't jealousy at all. It was curiosity. Why would this woman come looking for him at a private party? How much did he talk to her? How would she have even known he was here?

"Babe, shes the manager of Redwoody and she was married to Ope before he died. I swear, there is nothing go on with her."

"I didn't say there was" I said catching myself being snarky.

"You didn't have to. I felt you tense up when Tig said her name. And I saw your mind working out a ton of questions just now as I was talking."

Dammit, he knew me too well already.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just go see what she wants."

Smiling, Jax grabbed my hand and we went in search of Lyla.

💀 Jax's POV 💀
I thought it was kinda cute that Savannah got jealous over Lyla but only because she didn't realize that Lyla was basically like a sister to me. When Ope has been killed in prison, I swore to be the sole person to look after her and the kids. Even if she was to remarry, I would still be there for her because I promised Opie I would.

Hand in hand, Savannah and I walked through the club house and outside looking for Lyla. I found her sitting in her car, waiting for me. Savannah tried to let go of my hand but I would t let her. The two of them were going to have to meet eventually so they just as well get it over with. When I got closer to Lyla's car, I realized that wasn't such a good idea.