❝ FEELINGS IN FLIGHT. ᵕ̈

· *

   · * . •. ° 。 * · * • *
⌜ NIGHT THREE ⌟

"(LLLLLLLLLL/N)!" Kaminari ran towards the seated girl dragging out the first syllable of her surname.

A strike of lightning cracked the sky. Crashing, as if to remind the yellow boy to be quiet.

"Kaaaaaminarriiii," the girl whisper-yelled in return. As she turned her head to face her friend, the yellow boy dove onto the couch. Which lead to the clashing of ( h/c ) and lightning locks. "Oww", ( y/n )pressed two fingers to the red areas of impact.

"Sorry," the boy winced as he felt his forehead begin to bruise. He looked up to the girl in front of him. "( y/nnnnn )," the girl turned away in a fake pout. This made him frown. Without her attention, he felt like a plant after losing the light of the sun. No longer cheery and colorful. "Fine," the boy chose to use her tactics against her, "I thought that maybe we could play another game. But, obviously—"

"What game are we playing!" The girl exclaimed, forgetting to be mad. 

"No no," Kaminari insisted. "You don't want to, remember—"

"Alright, alright I forgive you and all that." She rushed an apology, curious as to what his plans were. Eagerly the girl turned to face him. Her eyes shining with excitement met his bright gold ones. "So what do you have in mind?"

"Umm I-," he started. The proud yellow boy would never admit it, but her contact threw him off.

The girl giggled, "You mean to tell me you don't have a game in mind? Kami, you have got to start coming prepared to our meet-ups." She gracefully flicked his arm, trying to pester him.

He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck as ( y/n ) scolded his unpreparedness, kindly. Though his ears perked up at her choice of words, "Meetups?" he questioned.

Her face physically warmed as his eyes showed an emotion she had never seen reflected in his golden orbs before. "Uh, well, w-what would you call them?"

"Dates." He said with a sly sense of confidence. Hearing such a smooth and effortless response, frazzled the ill-prepared girl. Which, Kaminari took as a compliment. It wasn't too hard to fluster ( y/n ), but the boy felt quite accomplished at the act.

"D-Dates?" Heat buzzed through ( y/n )'s ears. They were buds of roses waiting to take full bloom across her delicate traits.

"Of course!" Kaminari smirked, proudly.

"O-Of c-cours-se??" The girl sputtered.

"Yes. The dictionary defines a date as a social or romantic appointment or engagement between two or more people. Us, you and me, are meeting up every night, an appointment one might say, socially."

A faint, "Oh," traced across ( y/n )'s blushed features.

"I mean unless this is romantic, because then-," His face moved closer. She could feel his soft breath cartwheel across her now completely red face. A shining bright smile, one that could only be compared to the light of the sun, beamed from each corner of his mouth.

( y/n ) gulped, but quickly regained her composure. The girl gently pushed Kaminari's face away from hers with ginger fingers on his forehead. His smile dimmed as their distance grew. 

"In your dreams lightning boy." She quickly scribbled across a false smile to her lips.

The boy tugged her hand off his face and held her wrist with focused care, studying the palm of her hand with his fingertips. ( y/n ) shuddered as he traced over every curve and line sketched on her inner hand.

"K-Kaminari," she barely whispered. 

( y/n )'s stomach flooded with butterflies. Hundreds of fluttering wings crashed against her lungs, filling her insides. The girl persistently tried to catch the feelings in flight. But they continuously escaped her grasp. The boy didn't help when he began following a particular vein up her inner arm.

"Hmm?" he hummed as if in complete concentration on the task at hand.

"Have you decided what you wanted to play?" The girl's eyelids flew open. As she searched for a distraction. 

The golden globes averted her ( e/c ) eyes, dancing around the room, gazing in an unknown quest. The loss of connection twisted the wings of her butterflies. The fluttering ceased. Which was both relieving as well as disappointing. ( y/n ) couldn't tell why she was disappointed. Strange that the feelings were ever there in the first place. Maybe it was all in her head. She was always the romantic. Finding something within nothing.

The boy's gold disks seemed to glow. His eyes stopped at an object placed atop the side table behind (y/n). 

Though the girl paid no mind to his discovery. She was silently moping in loneliness.

Without hesitation, the boy lunged. It was quick and agile like the strike of a yellow lion to its prey.

Kaminari reached beyond ( y/n )'s shoulder, which directed to the accidental trapping of the girl between the couch arm and well, him.

"Kami?" ( y/n ) meekly whispered into his neck.

His fingers fumbled for the object, "Gotcha!"

He returned to a seated position still holding ( y/n )'s wrist with delicacy. The boy completely overlooked the shocked girl in his grasp. While her mind was beginning to comprehend the rush of the past few seconds. She stayed stunned, wide-eyed, and flushed.

( y/n )'s daze broke with the small giggles passing her lips. Her non-dominant palm was tickled by the sensation of a cool metal tip tracing her skin. Like a pen to paper.

The girl glanced down and her gaze was met with four crossed lines that included two sets of parallel ones in blue ink.

A hashtag?

( y/n ) giggled once more as the yellow boy drew an X in the center box.

The girl smirked, "Tic-Tac-Toe?"

( 🌓 ) AUTHORS NOTE
— hi sorry this one is long, believe it or not, this was double the length ( i say double it was almost triple oops- ). i decided to split it <33