Chapter 7

I look around, this place is beautiful, I mean of course it's beautiful, this is Washington, D.C. The Capitol of the United States. This is where the games take place. The president lives here, and all the rich capitol people live here as well. Everything here is so artificially colored, the flowers, the trees, the grass, everything. They don't have the same shade of color that they naturally have, here things are much brighter, and fake.
"Here we are, your penthouse for the next 3 days, remember all the other tributes will be staying here too, but each state has a separate floor, so you guys get 16" lexi calls out as she leads us to the door. I'm assuming her and Ralph will be staying with us because I see they brought their luggage. As were walking towards the door, the tributes from all the other states keep their eyes on us, at this Ferny reaches to hold my hand as we walk, so all the other state tributes can see.
We get on a clear, see through elevator and Ralph clicks on "16" and immediately the elevator rushes up. The view is amazing. Mostly everything here is made of gold. We step off the elevator and I'm speechless at our penthouse. It's amazing. It's nothing like my house back home. This is so big with fancy furniture and gold chandeliers. "Wow this place is awesome" screams Ferny in excitement. I second that.
"Alright now, your stylist and prep team will be here in a few minutes, they will dress you up, fix your hair and make up, and coach you for the big interview tonight. They already know the star crossed lovers act, so they'll build the coaching on that." Ralph says seriously. Me and Ferny both nod in agreement. "Okay then, now let's get you two, into separate rooms so you can wait for your stylist and prep team there." Ralph continued. Wait. What. Did he just say separate rooms? "Why can't me and Ferny be coached in the same room? I ask a little confused. "Government makes the rules, not me." Ralph answers with a tone. "It's okay iri, I'll see you after this" Ferny says. I smile and nod. Ralph pulls me to my room and lexi pulls Ferny to his room in the opposite direction. Ferny gives me one last warm hug before he goes inside.
Ever since the reaping his hugs are so comforting and make me feel safe. Well as safe as this whole thing can get. It feels weird not being with Ferny. I find myself wishing we could of gotten coached together. He's everything I got now, and i don't want to be separated from him one bit.