Chapter Forty-Five.

September 6th, 2016.

James' Point-of-view.

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell ringing loudly, throughout Cary's house. I sat up quickly, looking around, Cary was sound asleep, wrapped in a blanket beside me. She looked so peaceful, and so beautiful. The storm within her had stopped raging on, but I was too caught up in looking at Cary, that I forgot about whoever was at the door, until the bell rang again.

I quietly slid off Cary's bed and pulled on my boxers, and sweatpants, before I could make it into the living-room to get my hoodie, the door the doorbell rang again. So, I quickly opened the front door, and came face to face with Lexi, Lydia, Josie, Eli, Austin, Alex, Charlie, and Adam. As soon as they saw me, their facial expressions varied.

"Hey there." I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck.

"James? Where is Cary?" Adam asked, as they all walked past me, into the house.

"Umm... I think... maybe..." I said, stumbling over my words, as I looked around at all my friends.

"James Baxter King. Where is Cary?" Lexi asked, with a mischievous grin on her lips.

"She's in bed. Sleeping." I said, flicking my eyes between my friends, trying not to make direct eye contact with any of them.

"So, Cary is in her room, sleeping? Does she know you're here?" Josie asked, raising an eyebrow at me as we all stood in the hall.

"Yep, that is true." I replied, as I nodded, taking a seat on the sofa.

"So, why are you here? And answering the door? If she's sleeping." Austin asked me.

"We talked things out, she's not mad at me any more. We spent the whole day together, figuring everything out, as friends. We're let each other go, in the love department. Cary and I are friends now." I replied, as we all walked into the living-room.

"Well, that's fantastic, I'm glad everything is sorted. So, you and Cary are friends now, is that why you have no t-shirt on?" Charlie asked, pointing to my bare-chest.

I looked quickly at my chest, before looking up at my friends again. The hoodie I had been wearing when I arrived was lying on the floor behind us. I quickly jumped over the sofa, and grabbed my hoodie, before slipping it back on. When I looked at my friends, fourteen eyes were staring at me, and that was when I realized Lexi wasn't with us any more.

"And, is that why Cary is naked in her bed, her shorts, and underwear on the floor, while her jumper is over there?" Lexi asked appearing in the doorway, pointing to the pile of blackness, lying on the floor.

Everyone's eyes moved from me, to Lexi, to Cary's jumper on the floor, then back to me. I could feel my cheeks start to burn red, as I tried to think of something to say that wouldn't sound bad. Luckily, I was saved from any more questions when Cary appeared in the doorway, in her shorts and sports bra, tying her hair up into a bun, while she yawned in the cutest way.

"Hey everybody. Sorry, we lost track of time." She said, as we all took seats around the living-room.

"And, lost your clothes in the process." Lydia said, with a loud laugh.
"Did you two sleep together?"

Cary and I just turned to look at each other before we both burst into laughter, when we finally calmed down and composed ourselves Cary looked at everyone before smiling brightly.

"Kind of. Maybe. Yes." She said, taking my hand, and interlocking our fingers.
"But we talked first. We went to Look-Out-Point, and talked about everything. It was alot of talking, and crying, and honestly. But, we said everything that we needed to say, everything that we ever held back."