Home for the summer

Maya
"Shit" I said rather loudly. I was already in the worst mood since I was heading home for the summer and now my car wouldn't start.
After three more tries it finally turned on. I sat back into my seat, relived. As much as I didn't want to go home I was excited to see my brother.
Reid was 2 years younger than me. Our parents weren't around much so we were super close. I tried to raise him as best I could and teach him wrong from right. It seemed to have worked since he was bringing home his girlfriend for the summer. Which is more than I can say for me.
I hadn't been in a serious relationship since her. That was two years ago and I didn't even know if it could be considered a relationship since no one knew about it. She was just always so worried about what everyone would think.
Me on the other hand. I had come out to my family when I was in 8th grade so let's just say I was pretty sure of myself. My mom and brother took it pretty well, which is more than I can say for my dad. He pretty much pretended it wasn't happening. My mom finally talked him down and now we were okay.
I spent the nine hour drive thinking about everything that had happened the last time I was home, the last time I talked to her. She broke up with me right before I left for college. She was a year younger than me and said she didn't want to do the long distance but I knew the real reason. I knew she was just too scared of what our relationship was.
Just as I was really starting to feel sorry for myself I pulled into the driveway of my childhood home. I had been so lost in my thoughts I hadn't even realized I had made it. As soon as I parked and tuned the car off my brother came running out the door. Sure we were both adults but every time we saw each other we turned back into the crazy siblings always together.
Maya!!" He yelled while barreling towards me.
"Hey little dude" he hated when I called him that. So of course every chance I got I would say it, just to get a reaction out of him. It worked every time.
He immediately stoped crossing his arms. "You know I don't like it when you call me that." I just stood there and laughed pulling him in for a hug. He gave up and hugged me back.
"Where is your girlfriend?" I asked him. As soon as I said that he grabbed my arm and started pulling me inside.
"I left her in there with mom and dad!" He said. He looked so worried. I laughed.
"Don't worry we will rescue her." We then both laughed as we were walking inside. He ran ahead of me to who I assumed was his girlfriend.
Damn even from behind she was beautiful. How did my brother wind up with someone like her. I was pulled out of my thoughts when he turned her around and walked her over to me. All I could say was,
"Syd?!!"