Ch.4: Gone Missing

Before I continue where we left off, I just realized that I forgot to tell you guys about something really important!

For my tenth birthday, my dad gave me a very special gift. It was a spiked choker. It fit perfectly around my neck, and could be adjusted as I got older.

"Think of it as a reminder that you will always be my little rockstar," he told me while grinning from ear to ear.

I never took it off until just recently...you'll find out why later on in this story.

Now, where was I...

Oh yeah!

------

Our first stop. Vibe City. Home of the Funk trolls.

To be honest, I don't remember much about what I talked about with the king and queen...I wasn't really listening. I know, shame on me.

However, I DID manage to eavesdrop on Roxy's conversation with Prince Quincy.

"How old are you?" she asked him curiously.

"I am seventeen!" the prince responded.

"Cool!...So what do you guys do around here for fun?" my sister whispered to the prince.

"Lots of things!...But, they're difficult to describe to outsiders..." he responded. "I could show you if you're interested!"

"Absolutely! Lead the way!"

I watched them sneak out of the throne room and smiled. I was hoping she'd get bored quickly and come back before my conversation with the king and queen was over. That way, mom wouldn't even think she'd left in the first place!

...except she didn't. Fifteen minutes later, the king and queen were helping mom and I look for Roxy around Vibe City.

"Roxy?!" my mom called out frantically. "Oh, where could she be?"

"Over there!"

I followed the funk queen's gaze over to a table in the distance. There she was, sitting with Prince Quincy as they talked and laughed. I took notice that she was drinking something out of a clear glass with a swirly straw. Judging by the look on her face, she was clearly enjoying its contents.

She told me later that it was called a Root Beer Float, and that the Prince had gotten it for her since she was staring at everybody else's. It was a sweet treat that was made up of ice cream, root beer, and had a dollop of whipped cream on top. It was considered a delicacy in Vibe City.

I've never had one before.

When she saw us walking towards them, she whispered something to the prince, then reached behind her to grab another funk troll and drag her over before we got to them.

I could practically see the lies spewing out of her mouth as she tried to convince us that Quincy had invited her to see the city and show off his new girlfriend. I just shook my head in disapproval.

Turns out, his "girlfriend" ended up marrying him one day, and became Queen Essence. Hah! Who'd have thought!

------

Second stop. Lonesome Flats. Home of the Country Trolls.

I met the Mayor, Beta Bart, and his daughter, Delta Dawn. This time, we ended up talking for less than ten minutes before a random country troll pointed out that both Delta and Roxy were making their way towards the "Lonely Gorge."

I turned my head just in time to see Delta galloping away with Roxy on her back. I sighed. Here we go again...

Bart let both mom and I ride on his back so we could chase after them, but by the time we caught up, Roxy was screaming into the Gorge and causing landslides!

I wasn't surprised though. Like I said, my sister was quite the troublemaker, even if she didn't want to. So, naturally, I was used to her shenanigans, and I could care less.

------

Next stop: Symphonyville. The MOMENT we stepped off the bus, Roxy disappeared.

Mom and I took a tour around the village while Roxy was busy exploring somewhere else. The conductor, Sebastian, even let us pet some of their note-sheep. They felt...really weird to the touch.

When we got back to the bus, I noticed that Roxy was already in there, shoving something into her backpack. I grew curious.

"Whatcha got there, sis?" I asked as I tried to peak over her shoulder.

She let out a squeak, then hid the bag behind her.

"N-Nothing!" she responded as a bead of sweat made its way down her face. "Nothing important!" I just raised an eyebrow at her, shrugged, then sat down.

Fun Fact: It was a violin! The little thief...

I looked over at mom and noticed that she was starting to look a little run down. I guess she was starting to get exhausted from chasing after her youngest daughter all day.

But she wasn't my problem.

------

Then, our last stop: Techno Reef.

I would write down what she did here, but...

I think I might save that bit for another day.

Because let me tell you...

I almost lost her that day...