11○ Fall

Sorry if this is a bit dramatic haha-

"Finally, we're leaving." You sighed, stretching your back out as you waited for the doctor to stop talking with Giyuu.

The doctors assistant leaned close to you and you leaned away.

"It was sooo cute how you were holding hands last night! I knew there was a spark!" She beamed.

"I'm tempted to hurt you." You said, glaring at her slightly.

She laughed, "Keep trying, he'll fall eventually!"

"Y/n." Giyuu called from a short distance away, you perked up and went to him quickly.

"I'm ready, let's go." You spoke, matching his pace as he began to walk off.

Soon, you were out of that village and walking through the warmly lit forest, it was very pleasant and you were happy to be moving again.

Of course, you would be lying if you said you were completely healed. You knew the source of your illness, having treated many in the past with what you were experiencing now.

You wouldn't admit it though. It was easier for you to deal with your own emotional problems on your own, at least in your mind.

"Aren't I supposed to be the healer? Then I dont see why I cant heal myself."

Yet no matter how many times you said it, you could still feel that demons eyes on you.

.

.

The water was cool and refreshing, splashing against your skin in a way that could smooth even the sharpest edges.

It was nice, even if the weather was a bit colder due to the changing of seasons.

You stood up, brushing a bit of dust from your legs. You hurried after Giyuu as the short break was concluded.

"Where are we gonna stop? The suns getting pretty low." You spoke up.

"Soon, just a bit longer." He responded.

You blinked up as golden light filtered through the trees, making everything seem heavenly, almost like a sweet lullaby before a nightmare.

Shaking away your negative thoughts you wondered what kind of abandoned and possibly haunted place you would have to sleep in.

The snap of a branch not far away caused you to hault, turning your head quickly in the direction.

Giyuu also stopped, turning his attention to the noise before continuing forward.

You swallowed thickly, the hair on the back of your neck standing on end, "Probably just a bird or something."

Turning forward again, you stepped forward a bit quickly, trying to close the distance between you and him.

Then there was another sound kind of like wind but not nearly as swift, and just as the rays of light fled from the earth and into the sky as the sun dipped below the horizon, your arm was met with sharp nails.

There was hardly time for a reaction as you were thrown from the path and into the undergrowth of the forest.

Your arm felt like it was on fire and you could hear angered shouts before you were once more tackled by the same monster.

Everything was a blur of earthy colors as you tumbled along, earning a fair amount of wounds from both branches and the demon.

Your mouth was dry and your heart felt cold as it beat with a fear you knew well.

"Ah!" You cried as you were shoved into the ground, the air getting knocked from your lungs, "Son of a b-"

Grabbing a fistful of the demons ratty hair, you yanked it as hard as you could, hearing a screech from the beast as you clawed at its arm with your free hand.

Some how, it was enough for you to wriggle free and book it to the nearest tree which you practically launched yourself up into the highest branches.

"It just had to be a demon! Every other time it was a bird or a rabbit but no, this time it actually was a damn demon!"

You hung onto the branch above you, trying to keep your balance as the demon below began to run for you tree.

In a flash of movement, its head was in the floor. Giyuu stood, barely loooking disturbed.

"Y/n?" He called for you.

"I'm up here." You called down, drawing his attention, "I'll be down in a second, just a minute."

You slinked yourself down and over thick branches. Taking one misstep, a weak branch snapped and you let out a cry as you fell.

Luckily your traveling partner didn't let you smash ungracfully into the dirt as he caught you.

Your skin stung were the tree scraped and broke it. Wincing, you let out a sigh as your feet touched the floor.

"That could've been worse."