Prologue

Red.
It covered the walls— basically the entire room with it.
I couldn't think, everything just happened on it's own.
I wanted to scream, despite how much I've already had.
For mercy's sake, I just beat both of my best friends to death...
I still can't get the thought of her broken, bloody fingers out of my mind. 

She was begging for mercy but I still swung down. I didn't stop until their faces were unrecognizable .

If I knew i were going to betrayed, I wouldn't have chosen for it to go down like this.
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
"Y/N, you need to get up, you're going to be late!"
My brother rips the cover off the futon to wake me up. I wish he hadn't jeez, it's freezing..
"Fine, fine, I'll get ready.."
I grumble, getting up and scratch my messy H/C hair. Despite being in Hinamizawa for at least a month now, I still could not find the energy In myself to get up early for school. Looking in the mirror I see my ruffled hair and disgruntled self staring back at me. I only have a little time to get ready, so I rush to turn on the sink to bush my teeth.  Keiichi always wakes me up by pulling the cover off of me.  I never had been an easy person to wake up, I think he's tired of it by now. I put on the rest of my  clothes and rush downstairs to a meal at the table. Our mom had prepared something to grab, knowing we would be late again just like we were every morning.

"Thank you for the food!" Both Keiichi and I said full of gratitude. We ate quickly, had a bit of small talk and were finally ready to walk out of the door. I stumble around trying to find my satchel while my brother rushes me. "Y/N we need to leave!! Now!!" I roll my eyes and kiss my mom goodbye. "Make sure to thank Rena-chan for the pickles!" Our mom reminds us this and waves us goodbye. We were heading off for practically the only school in this small town.

My brother and I start on our walk and about 10 minutes in we see our friend Rena-chan in the distance. She was waving us down with a smile that seemed oblivious to the world. She finally reaches us and starts to talk in her usual chirpy manner. 

"Good morning!~ Keiichi-kun!~ Y/N-chan!~" She exclaims excitedly, seemingly TOO ready to start the day. She was different than the rest of us.
"Hey Rena, you're early again, huh?" Keiichi remarked.
"I didn't want to sleep in and make you wait..." Rena frets. She was blushing as she put her balled up fist to her chin with a flushed expression on her face. Yuck , I can see her twirling her fingers at him. She's so obvious.
"Even if you were late,  I wouldn't wait for you."
Keiichi speaks out, closing his eyes and looking down with a smirk on his image.
"You're so cold..." The brunette haired girl started tearing up as she looked at Keiichi with glassy doll-like eyes.

"I'm just joking. I'd wait for you." Keiichi patted Rena's back and gave her a thumbs-up of approval. Jeez, he needs to stop getting her all riled up for no reason, might give the poor girl a heart attack..
"Guys, stop flirting, I think we should head to school now. Don't want Mion waiting too long, right?" 

I'm glad I interrupted. I continue walking, leaving them behind. We're already late as is.

"Ah, you're right! Come on, let's go!" He grimaced, and proceeded to burst off into a run before any of us could catch up to him. Who does he think he is? They were always first to get to the Watermill before anyone else could. I guess it made sense, he did do well in sports.
I noticed that I had been zoned out for too long. I could barely see my friends ahead of me anymore,  hm.
"H-Hey! Wait up!"
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Oh, there you are!" Mion turned and said, "You're both late!"
"Morning! Mii-chan!" Rena sings out in her usual bubbly voice.
"You're one to talk Mion.." Y/N says displeased. She proceeded to hide behind her brother to avoid facing Mion.

"Y/N-chan! Long time no see! How many years has it been?" 

The green haired girl called out to her 3 friends that were frantically running towards her near-by the constant spinning Watermill.

"I was only absent for 2 days! I wasn't gone for that long!"
Y/N yelled, attempting to flick her in the head despite of her short height.
"You were still so cute the last time I saw you."
 The melon haired girl said in a tone that clearly implied she was being humorous. Turning her back with her long high ponytail waved in the wind while she was walking with her pink tote bag behind her back.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" Y/N shouted at her. Mion just giggled and continued walking in response. Y/N was not the type of person to always lose their cool too quickly, but she just brushed it off and continued following her.

"So, how's the big city?" Sonozaki said.

"I only went for a funeral. I was really busy the whole time.."
L/N looked behind her back at Mion while talking and quickly faced forward after she was done speaking. She looked at her side, taking in the exhilarating sights of the small village that had Rice Fields sheltering the entire setting.

"So, did you get what I asked for..?" The green haired girl asked.

"I told you! I was at a funeral!"
She yelled, The 3 companions continued to stroll down the road, basking in the gleaming sun.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇