Chapter 8

Light poured over my head.

I looked steadily up and looked over the angular light.

It was creepy quiet in the hall.

I could feel the only eyes watching me behind my back in this space filled with doctrinaire light and the breathless sound of the praying people.

Melkiade.

The man now my father was taking a heavy seat on the side of the cathedral.

There was an intermittent sound of clear voice from the side carrying the prayer message.

".......So I give you my name, waiting for the day your child will come back."

They held hands together. I sat reverently in the middle of the sacred, clean air.

"I will look around the three wider statues and come back to your arms, according to your mother's wishes."

The paper placed on the altar was burned with a blistering fire.

At the same time, the tombstone standing in front of me shone and its name was dug.

<Amelia Priscilla>

My name "Amelia," which was given by Melkiade, is engraved side by side with the name "Priscilla," the original heroine's.

This was my decision.

'You can't get rid of Priscilla in this world.'

It wasn't simply because it's the original heroine's name.

Maybe I'm the only one who knows why Priscilla has the name Priscilla.

'I can't live for Priscilla. Because I'm not Priscilla.'

But I can remember.

'I won't forget I was Priscilla, never.'

This was the proof of my determination.

The light on my name, which had just been engraved, did not disappear.

On top of it, the names of the countless saintess whose lights were off were engraved , which was engraved just yesterday.

"So may the glorious judgment come down and the light of truth shine upon us."

The last prayer is over.

The ceremony is also over.

* * * * *

"Now leave here."

"I will!"

Melkiade looked at my reaction. Just smiling, he asked in a mysterious voice.

"Isn't it sad to leave?"

I opened my eyes wide at Melkiade's words.

Dad... are you worried about me?!

"No! It's thrilling!"

Dad must love me, too. I dug into Melkiade's arms and he gave me a confused look.

"......it's thrilling to leave?"

"I don't care what happens! Daddy's worried about me!"

I even wanted to designate this expression as a family heirloom because it was made of a statue.

"Daddy, but I have a favor to ask you."

"Please?"

"Yes! I need to go somewhere first."

"Where?"

I nodded. Melkiade gazed at me without expression.

It was a look on Melchide's face that everyone was afraid of, but I could see he was wondering.