- 28 : oikawa tooru

[ o. t - family ]

requested by Greatfox2

"Yahoo~ I'm home." The brunette male called out as he stepped inside his home, closing the door behind him. He kicked off his shoes, placing them on the side neatly. [y/n] will get upset if my shoes are messy.

Making his way towards the living room, he felt a smile grace his lips as he laid his eyes on the sight before him. His wife was sat on the living room floor with their year old daughter in her lap. The two were too busy giggling and playing around to notice his entrance.

The brunette sighed with content, walking over to the two. He took a seat behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. The female didn't jump, sensing his familiar warmth and scent. "Hey."

"Welcome home, Tooru. How was volleyball practice?" [y/n] asked, turning her head to the side so she could kiss his lips. After the usual welcome home kiss, he nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck. When he didn't answer, she continued, "Is your knee okay? Is something bothering you?"

He chuckled softly, lifting his head to glanced down at his daughter that played with her toys on the floor. "Did you miss your Dada, Miki?"

The baby flashed her father a gummy grin, reaching out for him with her small hands. She climbed her mother, ending up in Oikawa's arms.

"Your cheeks are so chubby. You get that from your Mama." Oikawa cooed as he kissed Miki's cheeks, growing more happy as the child giggled joyfully. "You're just as pretty as your mother. Not as pretty as me though-"

Miki giggled loudly as Oikawa was smacked in the head with a pillow. She kicked happily, enjoying the sight of her father being smacked aggressively.

"So mean, [y/n]. You remind me too much of Iwa-chan." Oikawa whined as he rubbed his head, turning to Miki who had her hand in her mouth. "How mean, Miki. You're supposed to be on my side. You just laughed at me."

His words made Miki laugh even more. It was as if she could understand him.

"What do you want for dinner?" [y/n] asked as she settled beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder for support. The male rested his head on hers, sighing softly as a million dishes ran through his mind.

"How about [your fav meal]?" He suggested, noticing how she perked up upon the mention. It was rare that he'd suggest something she loved.

"Okay." She beamed, turning to him to kiss his lips once more. The male accepted the kiss, basking in the familiar feeling of her lips on his.

•••

Oikawa grabbed the towel around his neck and wiped his hair. As he made his way out of the bathroom, he could hear [y/n] talking to Miki. He paused for a moment, listening to what she was saying.

"Miki, I think your daddy isn't feeling well today, so you have to put on your A game to cheer him up. Alright?" [y/n] giggled softly when Miki kicked happily, making cute noises of joy. "You're so cute."

Oikawa sighed softly as he climbed in bed behind [y/n]. He settled under the sheets, wrapping his arm around her waist. He buried his face in her shoulder, placing a chaste kiss on her skin.