|𝟐𝟔| "𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐡"

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐎 grinned widely, once he saw Noah approaching. He was heavily surrounded by Everwinterian guardsmen whilst he stood there with only a large bow and an arrow quiver on his back. "Wah gwaan, bigman, weh yuh ah seh?" he cheekily winked with his Patois. What's up, bigman, how are you doing?

"You'd better give me a good reason for why I shouldn't blow your brains out right now." Noah growled, leaving no room between them for Angelo to read his expression incorrectly.

"I wanted to talk to you, I wasn't really sure how else to get a hold of you. It's funny that I wasn't riddled with bullets on my way here, seems like disgraceful work from those lookouts of yours. I'm joking, they kindly walked me here." he explained.

This unusual stoicism from Angelo made Noah's brows furrow. He was weirdly springy, and happy? Of course it was odd, considering that Noah was sure that he wanted him dead without hesitation. "Where did you come from, do you get off to getting mash up in the face or something?" he scoffed, referring to his injured face.

Instinctively, Noah touched his jaw, feeling the blood running from his nose. Noah sighed, trying not to raise the same fire on Angelo that he did with Mack.

"What do you want to talk about?" he crossed his arms. Up close, the two men were more similar than either had realised. With their eyes levelled, the men stood at the same height, had a similar build, and held the same stare that exposed nothing of their real intention.

"A truce." Angelo smiled.

"A truce?" Noah squinted; frankly, it was quite ironic. "Why?"

"Because this endless fighting feels like it's getting nowhere." he shrugged. "Come on, let's walk and talk. Everwinter seems nice." He placed a hand on Noah's shoulder, causing him to tense. The two had never actually spoken face to face, ever. Noah thought he'd feel more rage, now that he was before him, but he just looked like a young, impressionable kid—a kid that had been forced to grow up way too quickly.

Without another word, Noah stepped back and turned, reluctantly leading a tour for Angelo and showing him the main community centre. Angelo occasionally commented on how beautiful the place looked.

"Thank you, I've been building this place for the best of about three years." Noah disclosed, and Angelo nodded, much more interested than anyone would've thought.

"Wow, it's about the same age as Valta. You've definitely done well. I'd say I'm winning on the architectural aspect with my Aerilons, but you're getting there; it's rustic." he chuckled teasingly, and surprisingly Noah felt himself joining in. "Your armoury is sick though, my mum always preferred bows but a gun is just as helpful."

   "Yeah, your mum..." Noah inhaled sharply. "Considering this truce, and whatever it may entail, I just wanted to officially apologise to you, ain't no one knowing whether I'd ever get the opportunity to again."

   Knowing all the animosity that sat between these two men, and the aching injuries in his face that still boiled uneasy fury towards Mack and his backhand plan with Angelo, Noah was still overwhelmed with remorse.

   "Apologise...?"

Meanwhile, West anxiously tapped his foot, as he waited by the east weaponry. The sky was pitch black and the nearby residential streets were now peaceful. Time was running out and the Ascots hadn't arrived yet.

West had heard no word from Mack after he heard the guys radioing frantically for Noah, when the plan had commenced. He was listening intently to the radio calls on each station.