|t w e n t y - f o u r|

Charlie knew exactly where Rebekah was. He was seething. Sure, the two of them were going through a rough patch, but he didn't expect her to sleep with anyone so soon. He didn't bother lifting his head to see who entered the house because he knew she would be back.

Kol glanced at Charlie before he got up and sped in front of his little sister. "Well, well, well...there's our girl." He smirked, tilting his head to the side as he watched her stomp toward him.

She stopped short when he stepped in her way, sending her brother a glare. "Get out of my way, Kol."

"Out all night. What a scandal. I trust you did better than that commoner, Matt, was it?"

Charlie pursed his lips as he ignored Kol's comments that were obviously meant to irritate the Immortal. Kol wanted Charlie to get angry, go after the man Rebekah had slept with, cause a little mayhem.

Rebekah instinctively looked to Charlie, who didn't react. Her jaw clenched as she looked Kol dead in the eye. "If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," She snaps before pushing past him. "Don't start, Nik." She hissed as she stomped out of the room.

Klaus, who was busy drawing, wore a small grin on his face. "I didn't say anything," His tone showed that he was amused by the situation but didn't want to admit that to her.

Kol plopped down beside Charlie, who strummed his guitar every once in a while before writing something down in the notebook sitting on his leg. "I'm bored. Our sister is a trumpet, but at least she's having fun--apologies, Charlie." Kol groaned as he looked at the other two men sitting in the room. "I need entertainment."

"What are you waiting for?" Klaus questioned, shading a bit of his picture before glancing at his brother. "Go on. Have at it."

"It's no fun to go alone. Join me, Nik. It's the least you could do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

"Okay, why not?" Klaus nodded, putting his drawing and supplies on the table in front of him. He looked at the boy to Kol's right and raised an eyebrow. "Are you coming, Charles?"

Charlie looked up, and his lips parted as he shook his head slightly. "Oh, no, I think I'll stay and work on-" Kol and Klaus grabbed each of his arms and began lifting him from the couch, making him drop his things on the sofa as they forced him toward the door. "Oh, okay-"

"You're coming with us because you're going to find a nice girl-" Kol noticed Klaus' look, and he smirked slightly. "or guy, to forget about our dear Rebekah, understand?"

"I don't have a choice, do I?"

Kol smirked mischievously. "No, you don't."

Charlie sighed, nodding his head. "Yeah," He breathed, allowing them to pull him out of the house.

▪ ▪ ▪

Charlie, Klaus, and Kol approached the bar, where they overheard Alaric and Meredith's conversation. "Ah, come on now. Let's not blame the new family in town just because you lot have got yourselves a killer at large. My brother, Charlie, and I are just here to let off some steam. Right, Kol, Charlie?" Klaus asked, looking at the two boys for their answers.

"Right," Kol confirmed, his eyes focused solely on Meredith, who looked uncomfortable from his attention.

Kol and Klaus went over to order some drinks, but before Charlie could follow, his arm was caught. He looked to the side and raised an eyebrow at Alaric, who wore a frown on his lips.

"You doing okay, Charlie?"

Charlie's lips quirked up as he looked at the older man he quite honestly considered as another father figure, placing his hand on his shoulder. "I'm alright, Alaric, I promise." He squeezed his shoulder softly, sending Meredith a small smile before he ventured off toward Klaus and Kol.