My Love | one shot

My Love

I crunched my forehead as a beam of sunlight strucked my whole face. I still don't have the energy to open my eyes so I grab one pillow behind me and used it to cover my face.

Who the hell just opened the curtains?

"Rise and shine, my love."

My eyes opened in an instant and started to blink repeatedly under the pillow. I swallowed hard. Is she really here?

"Kailangan ko pa ba kilitiin ang paa mo para bumangon ka diyan?" She spoke once again. I didn't move even an inch, waiting for her next move.

"Get up, love..." She asked me. I was just staring in front of my pillow, still covering my face. My eyes began to water, so I took a deep breath.

I felt her touching the pillow and removed it that uncover my face. I saw her. She was smiling ear to ear that made my heart beats fast.

She's really here.

I didn't know what to do. Tears are starting to fall from my eyes, still looking at her beautiful face. I missed her.

"Why are you crying?" She asked, worried. She made me sit on the bed and hugged me tight. It's warm that made me cry even harder on her chest. She didn't mind. Just a single warm touch of her still comforts me, thank God she's here.

"Hey, Aric." She called me. "Umiiyak ka ba kasi nag fail 'yung project mo sa work? If yes, may dadating pa na bago. Don't cry!" She added, trying to make me feel better. I shook my head as an answer.

"Hmm, umiiyak ka kasi nag-away tayo?" Hula niya. I hugged her tight, still burying my face on her chest. Tears are still falling from my eyes.

"Baka 'yun nga. Haynako, bati na nga tayo, 'e!" Sabi niya na parang bata. I didn't move. I let her massage the back of my head and plant a kiss on my cheek. I missed her kiss.

She moved away from our hug. I am having a clearer view of her face that made me cry even more. She looks like an angel. I wish to see this every single day.

"Tara na sa baba, I will cook you breakfast!" She giggled as she held my hand and pull me out of the bed. Wala akong ibang magawa kundi ang tignan ang likod niya habang naglalakad kami patungo sa kusina.

"What do you want?" Tanong niya. Umupo ako sa bar counter ng bahay ko, still looking at her.

"Hahampasin na kita, Aric, hindi ka ba magsasalita?" Nagpapanggap siyang galit. I can't help but smile before pressing my lips together. I looked down.

"Scrambles na lang, ayaw mo magsalita, 'e." Sabi niya at kumuha ng dalawang itlog sa ref. Pinanood ko lang siya sa paghahanda, gusto ko siya yakapin, gusto ko sabihing mahal na mahal ko siya pero parang nanunuyo ang lalamunan ko't hindi makapagsalita.

"Pumunta ako dito tapos hindi mo ako kakausapin?" She asked breaking the silence. She's not looking at me, still on focus cooking the egg.

"Are you really here?" I finally asked with my raspy voice.