27.4

Dom is in the garage working on his car, while Kassidy and Mia went out to get some groceries.

"Everyone's looking for you," Brian says as he walks into the garage.

"I'm right here," Dom tells him.

"It's nice to see you've gone with the times and switched to electronic fuel injection. Looks good," Brian says as he looks at the car.

"Buster became a gear head," Dom says with a smile, causing Brian to shrug.

"I'm going with you," Brian says as he grows serious.

"I don't plan on bringing anyone back," Dom tells him as he sits his tool down.

"I know," Brian says.

"Hit that throttle," Dom orders Brian, who does as told. Mia and Kassidy arrive home, before seeing Dom and Brian in the garage. Kassidy has a smile as on her face as she thinks about how this is the way it should be. Mia frowns as she realizes why Brian is here. Brian looks out to see Mia as she frowns. Mia quickly goes inside, where she starts taking the groceries out of her bag. Brian quickly follows after her, causing Dom to lightly smile as Brian leaves the garage. Kassidy lightly smiles at Dom as she enters the garage before closing the door behind her.

"I'm sorry for leaving you," Dom says as he looks up at Kassidy. "I never wanted to hurt you. I just wanted you safe."

"As much as I want to stay mad at you, I can't," Kassidy says as she stands in front of Dom. "Because I love you, Dominic Toretto." Dom smiles before pulling her into a kiss.

"And I love you, Kassidy Pearce," Dom says as he rest his forehead on hers. Kassidy then pulls him into a kiss. Kassidy smiles as she feels Dom's hands make their way down to her butt before picking her up. She quickly wraps her legs around his waist before he carries her over to the extra car seats in the corner of the garage.

"I don't want you to go, but I know I'm not going to talk you out of it because I'm going too," Kassidy says as she looks up at Dom, who is drawing patterns on her bare back with his fingers. "I just wish things were different. It just seems that every time we get close something happens to tear us apart again."

"I promise you that when it's all over, I won't be going anywhere. We will be together for now on," Dom says looking her in the eyes. "Ride or die."

"Ride or die," Kassidy says with a smile before they kiss.

Mia and Brian go outside to meet Dom and Kassidy in the driveway.

"How do you say goodbye to your only brother?" Mia asks Dom as she stands in front of him.

"You don't," Dom tells her. "Come here." Dom pulls her into a hug. Mia stands in the driveway as she watches them drive away.